Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 06-04-2023, 01:36 PM   #21
Hawk68
Established Member

M.O.C. #30590
Bedroom slider rollers

Hey everyone I have a question, found 2 3/4 inch roller pins ( I think that’s what they are) on the bedroom floor after putting out the slide. It appears the rollers (2 on each side) are screwed to the floor. Any idea where they go without having to disassemble the bed box, FYI The slide moves freely .thanks
Tom

Hawk68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2023, 06:25 PM   #22
Foldbak
Montana Master

M.O.C. #30417
Can you be more specific? You shouldn't see them under normal circumstances. Pictures?
Old 06-05-2023, 03:28 PM   #23
Hawk68
Established Member

M.O.C. #30590
Thanks Foldbak let me try to give more details. The bed box slide rolls out on the box frame which appears to be 2x3 frame. Each side of the box there are 2 white rollers (plastic rollers about 3 inches side by side) which support the bed box as it slides out. I would think those pins might hold the rollers in the roller frame which is screwed to the floor. However the bedroom slides goes in and out straight with no binding. I guess. Might have to take apart the frame floor so I can get to the rollers to see if those pins came from there.
Thanks for any ideas.
2022 F350 SRW Lariat 6.7L Power Stroke
Hawk68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2023, 04:18 PM   #24
R Bran
Established Member

M.O.C. #31461
Back to the schwintek, I have a ‘22 295 also and have had problems with that slide since the day I picked it up from the dealer. It was out of alignment when delivered and fixed. Went out of alignment again on the first shakedown trip, fixed again and has had a slowdown spot at about the first ten inches on the outward stroke. As the weather started to get colder it stopped dead at that spot just as you described. The rig went in to the shop in November for about fifty different repairs (some of which Keystone won’t pay for) and so far everything is working as it should. (Knock on wood). The dealer has bent over backwards taking care of us and I’m appreciative but still not a fan of that slide. When I asked the shop manager about the schwintek I was told it was not designed for this application and to expect issues down the road. With that out of the way, I was wondering if you have had any issues with your Lippert leveling system. Mine is possessed and does what it wants to whenever it wants. It usually will finally level after I bottom out all the jacks and start with over. It usually takes a couple tries that way. When I asked the shop I was told I was not the only person to have this issue and they cannot find a cause. Just wondering if you have any issues.
R Bran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2023, 06:23 PM   #25
Foldbak
Montana Master

M.O.C. #30417
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk68 View Post
Thanks Foldbak let me try to give more details. The bed box slide rolls out on the box frame which appears to be 2x3 frame. Each side of the box there are 2 white rollers (plastic rollers about 3 inches side by side) which support the bed box as it slides out. I would think those pins might hold the rollers in the roller frame which is screwed to the floor. However the bedroom slides goes in and out straight with no binding. I guess. Might have to take apart the frame floor so I can get to the rollers to see if those pins came from there.
Thanks for any ideas.
There are rollers mounted to the bottom of the bed frame that roll on the flooring when the slide is operated. Remove the floor of the storage compartment below the bed. Others here have had the same issues and made repairs.
Old 06-05-2023, 07:34 PM   #26
Mikendebbie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21044
Search for this thread (screen shots below). There are lots of pics that may be helpful.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1551.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	228.7 KB
ID:	14724   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1550.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	151.1 KB
ID:	14725  
Aussie Gus + Texas Heeler Jimmy
Mikendebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2023, 09:37 PM   #27
182flyer
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #30432
2022 HC 295RL: Wife/I disassembled our king bed when bed frame fell off rollers. There are indeed two rollers; one on each side that are positioned (u-bracket screwed to the floor and not the bed) approx two feet from foot of the bed. On our bed, the two approx 2x2 boards were stapled side by side and slid on the rollers. The flimsy staples came apart and the one 2x2 that was actually sliding on the roller slid off the side causing the entire frame on this side to hit/rub/slightly gouge linoleum flooring. Our repair: we screwed the two 2x2s together and then added a 2x4 on top (cut to match) and screwed to the 2x2s for additional reinforcement. Holding so far with my 250 lbs. BTW, only one of the 2x2s was/is actually sliding on the the rollers as they are both not aligned with the rollers. I didn't relocate the rollers screwed into the floor as I didn't want to take the risk of putting a screw into the flooring without know what was under it and we had a trip planned shortly after. I kind of forgot about it until the recent posts. I need to go back and reposition the rollers on the floor so full width of 2x2s are on the rollers. Also, we removed the 1/4" paneling that is used for bed frame skirting (also staples) in order to expose bed frame. Used a brad nailer and some screws when we put it back together. Could not believe how this bed frame was/is built. If you use some kind of heavy plastic for a base (to keep from gouging linoleum flooring) you can use a nail puller and pry up the foot of your bed a 1/2" or so and easily see the rollers screwed to the floor and also check to see if both of your 2x2s are sliding on the roller. Maybe I've got the only 295RL that rollers were misaligned-but, I doubt it.
182flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2023, 07:33 AM   #28
Foldbak
Montana Master

M.O.C. #30417
Quote:
Originally Posted by 182flyer View Post
2022 HC 295RL: Wife/I disassembled our king bed when bed frame fell off rollers. There are indeed two rollers; one on each side that are positioned (u-bracket screwed to the floor and not the bed) approx two feet from foot of the bed. On our bed, the two approx 2x2 boards were stapled side by side and slid on the rollers. The flimsy staples came apart and the one 2x2 that was actually sliding on the roller slid off the side causing the entire frame on this side to hit/rub/slightly gouge linoleum flooring. Our repair: we screwed the two 2x2s together and then added a 2x4 on top (cut to match) and screwed to the 2x2s for additional reinforcement. Holding so far with my 250 lbs. BTW, only one of the 2x2s was/is actually sliding on the the rollers as they are both not aligned with the rollers. I didn't relocate the rollers screwed into the floor as I didn't want to take the risk of putting a screw into the flooring without know what was under it and we had a trip planned shortly after. I kind of forgot about it until the recent posts. I need to go back and reposition the rollers on the floor so full width of 2x2s are on the rollers. Also, we removed the 1/4" paneling that is used for bed frame skirting (also staples) in order to expose bed frame. Used a brad nailer and some screws when we put it back together. Could not believe how this bed frame was/is built. If you use some kind of heavy plastic for a base (to keep from gouging linoleum flooring) you can use a nail puller and pry up the foot of your bed a 1/2" or so and easily see the rollers screwed to the floor and also check to see if both of your 2x2s are sliding on the roller. Maybe I've got the only 295RL that rollers were misaligned-but, I doubt it.
When my Schwintek slide first failed, one of the casualties was the bed frame. As part of the repair the dealership had to rebuild the frame using 2X4's. This included upgrading the roller mounts. So far so good!