Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 06-03-2005, 02:50 PM   #1
MIMF
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2827
How is everything?

Steve and Vicki,

I was just curious, how is everything working since Keystone "overhauled" the Monty?

MIMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 03:16 PM   #2
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Dale,

I believe they are driving to Independence Missouri, due to arrive on Sunday. They indicated they would not have internet access while they were underway. (Side note, if they stop at any of the places we stopped on the way back from there last spring, they won't have access! )
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 12:37 AM   #3
MIMF
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2827
CountryGuy, they had indicated that to me, also. I just didn't realize where exactly they where going to be. I was thinking that eventually they would answer and that they are safe.
Old 06-04-2005, 01:46 AM   #4
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
MIMF,

Steve will answer!

Old 06-04-2005, 11:12 AM   #5
MIMF
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2827
CountryGuy,

Well, I'm hoping so because, I just saw on The Weather Channel that things are very possibly getting serious as far as nasty storms and tornados this afternoon around Kansas City.
Old 06-04-2005, 11:46 AM   #6
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
MIMF,

Well, we will say a few prayers and swing a few beads for them, I think they were not going all the way into KC today, not till tomorrow, lets hope that what ever nasty stuff Mother Nature is tossing around stays a LONG way away from them!
Old 06-05-2005, 02:48 PM   #7
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Actually, we didn't arrive in Independence until today, Sunday. When we talked to Cyndy at Campus RV Park to change our original reservation we could tell she was struggling to get a site open for us because of a large group they had in here. Carol, you've been here and know there are 30 full hookup sites plus maybe a dozen overflow sites. They had 93 rigs in here! But Cyndy was trying to make room for us. So we offered to slow our trip and arrive today since most of those 93 leave today. So, we're here and will be here until 7/5.

Dale, everything works great. Vicki noticed a couple of thumps in the bedroom slide the first couple of times it moved in and out but today it didn't do it. Keystone put the nylon runners on ours like the new ones have. I'm not sure what that's all about but wonder if maybe that was part of the noise. Your pump has worked flawlessly. We can't thank you enough for taking care of that!

We missed out on the big storms but did get a little rain here and there. And lots of wind. Today was a "short" day, only about 165 miles but every single mile of it we had almost direct headwinds. I don't know how hard it was blowing in mph but the flags we saw were standing straight out and flapping hard. It was enough that watching the trip computer I could see it was costing us roughly 2 mpg. It wouldn't matter, we could turn around and head the other way and the wind would shift with us!
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2005, 11:28 PM   #8
MIMF
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2827
Steve, good deal! That "thump" you are talking about, I think I know what you are talking about. Our Challenger does the same thing. As far as the pump is concerned, I'm glad it is working good for you. Like I said, if it ever gives you any trouble, you know how to find me.

MOC members, those last two sentences above applies to each of you, also.
Old 06-06-2005, 02:16 AM   #9
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Steve,

Glad the trip in was uneventful, weather wise, I already read the post of the "oops" on the first night out. Glad it was not any more serious!

I find it hard to imagine 93 rigs in there, they must plant them all over the grassy areas?? I think that is an annual event?? Very fond memories of that campground, and area. Good stuff!

Carol
Old 06-06-2005, 05:48 AM   #10
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Well, I spoke too soon. We have a gray tank leak, same as before, despite the new tank. I know they found a small crack in the gray tank so replaced that tank. There must be another leak somewhere, perhaps in the dump line. I have emailed the service center to find out how to handle this.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote