Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 10-29-2011, 05:40 AM   #1
HOOK
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11401
Nice to have Monty close

Monty is in back yard on her own special site with hookups. Rarely do I miss visiting her in a days time. DW says that she is the other woman. Don't know how you folks who have to leave her somewhere alone, can do it. Constantly doing mods and updates. What a great friend and companion she has become. Looking forward to more extended trips with her. If DW wants, she can come along too. What a misstress.....sigh..... Larry

HOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 05:49 AM   #2
CORattler
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10496
LOL!! I feel the same way about our Monty. DW is good about sharing me with Monty.
CORattler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 08:42 AM   #3
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
I think out of sight, out of mind helps with this one. I love having the Monty in the driveway as it helps me to pay the necessary attention to check the batteries, tires and keep it cleaner than if it were away somewhere else. But the best reason is that while it's at my house, I'm not paying someone else not to take care of it since we don't full time in it. But we all do what we can.

I treat the trailer with the same attention as my vehicles so DW is used to me pampering our things on wheels. Since she gets to enjoy the fruits of the care I give them, she's okay with it nor does she have anything to "worry" about. But I do understand what you're getting at.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 09:12 AM   #4
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
In our part of the world, having the Monty in the drive gives a comfortable place to go if an iice storm brings the wires down.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 10:39 AM   #5
TLightning
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7871
It seems there is always "something" to do at the RV...gets me out of the house if nothing else.
TLightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 04:24 PM   #6
sola123
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10136
Yes indeed..love having ours hooked up on the farm with everything...fun to go play in, easy to check, do mods, wash, wax, etc.. sometimes we just spend the weekend up there dreaming....
sola123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 04:59 PM   #7
cdaniels
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7380
We have ours at home to in the garage. For us just looking at it sitting there month after month makes the winter longer and colder. It's like having a Christmas present you can't open for 6 months. How we envy those snowbirds! Someday....
cdaniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 05:42 PM   #8
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Gee, full timing means I don't have a stick house to play with.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 05:19 AM   #9
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
I park my camper in the camper shed about 100 yards from my dream house. I have a full hook up for the camper. It makes a great place to take a nap, only problem it's close to the barn but I'm a country boy.
Lynwood
mlh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 06:10 AM   #10
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Our camper is in a mini-storage lot about 15 miles from the house. Close enough to still be able to do mods, clean, etc. The on-board generator definitely helps. We will be making a visit next weekend to clean the inside in preparation for the annual Thanksgiving trek to the South. Our situation is a little different in that I prefer to keep the boat in the driveway at the house during the winter months. It is plugged up, covered up, but accessible. I don't know which would be more difficult, looking at the Monty laden in snow or the boat laden in snow in the next few months?? One thing about living on the river is we have to pressure wash everything at the house in the Spring to get rid of the mildew influence from the river. We have entertained adding on to the driveway to allow us to keep the rig here at the house as well, but the river effects have been creeping into my mind as a deterrent. Probably keep things as they are in the near term, visit the boat cabin when the winter blahs set in and use the MOC forum for our camping fix and the boating forum that I frequent for the boating fix!
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 07:12 AM   #11
hikerdoc
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #10717
Send a message via Yahoo to hikerdoc
I keep mine plugged in next to our garage through the winter. Occasionally my boys use it as a night outside camping even in midwinter. I also use it as my hunting camp with "the bigger boys" playing cards, imbibing in a few adult beverages and sleeping out as to not disturb my wife when we get up at the early hour of 5:45 on deer season weekends. That is, as long as I promise to give it a thorough cleaning come January 1st LOL. If not, my privileges will be revoked quickly. Although it doesn't take the place of camping in the summer, at least it helps us extend the season some.
hikerdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 09:03 AM   #12
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110

It really is nice to have it close by. We left from our last trip of the season this morning and had to roll the main I start the dreaded winterization process. Glad it's at the house I don't think I could stand the withdrawals from not being able to use it often.

Old 11-02-2011, 06:03 PM   #13
Sheepdog
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10354
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by HOOK

Monty is in back yard on her own special site with hookups. Rarely do I miss visiting her in a days time. DW says that she is the other woman. Don't know how you folks who have to leave her somewhere alone, can do it. Constantly doing mods and updates. What a great friend and companion she has become. Looking forward to more extended trips with her. If DW wants, she can come along too. What a misstress.....sigh..... Larry
Ole Blue said yur a still runnin wit that Monty wumin!
Sheepdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 01:30 AM   #14
NCFischers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8728
Send a message via Yahoo to NCFischers
Mine sits in the barn next to the house plugged in and slides out. I can play with it and do mods on it any time I want. I also don't have to winterize it. I'd rather be travelling in it but this is the best alternative. I don't think that I could stand having it somewhere else.
NCFischers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 06:20 PM   #15
Recumbent
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10457
We also keep our Monty close at 130 ft. from the house in the insulated farm shop with slides out with electric and water connected. We did winterize it after Christmas last year for practice, but was probably not needed. This year we will be keeping it closer by winter-izing after Holidays in Florida.
Recumbent is offline   Reply With Quote