Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 10-28-2011, 07:32 AM   #1
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
I would like to report a crime

Grocery shopping; the prices are getting ridiculous! They try and fool us with same-size packaging, with less product inside. Pick up a package, cookies, cereal, whatever. Look at the packaging, then see how much product is in it.
A small can of beans: 98 cents.
A crime, I tell ya....

Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 07:40 AM   #2
Snowman8wa
Established Member

M.O.C. #10453
SAFEWAY Stores selling a REAL 1/2 gallon of ice cream...their mantra "Still a REAL half gallon"...too funny...I am glad to see there's more than me out there seeing the changes....
Snowman8wa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 10:00 AM   #3
TLightning
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7871
Agree, the first thing I noticed was ice cream. The half gallon container looked the same, but only had about three and a half pints in it.
TLightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 01:18 PM   #4
sgtpp214
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1782
You think that's bad Ozz. For our journey to TX for the winter I buy my favorite brand of brandy by the case here in Washburn, WI as it is not available in TX. When I picked up my supply for winter my buddy asked how much he charged me before. Who can remember. Anyway he buys it by the pallet and said it cost him $83.50/case and would charge me $86/case. I found an old box down stairs and it was marked $72/case. Sure hope the price of food hasn't jumped too much in the RGV. At least I have my supply of Brandy. Of course, eating less won't hurt the waist line.
sgtpp214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 01:27 PM   #5
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
Can't say what I would like to say, but it will get worse... Happy Trails....
Delaine and Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 07:38 PM   #6
CORattler
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10496
Booze by the pallet full??? I gotta make friends with this guy!
CORattler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 08:59 AM   #7
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
Or visit often and bring your own straw...errr, ummmm, snifter. Then give him a few coins donation to help him out.

We have learned to shop at a place called Winco. Other than getting used to "bagging your own" and can't use credit cards, we sometimes go back to the higher priced retailers and can't believe what we used to pay.

Even Winco gives us sticker shock sometimes. For example, recently the non-fat milk I buy went from 2.48 to 2.88 per gallon, then back down to 2.45 in about two months time. I think I'll have to start drinking Brandy. At least, when the price goes up, I'll be "mellow" enough not to care.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 01:53 PM   #8
mainer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10761
I would be sooo happy to pay $2.88 a gallon for milk. Here in Maine it is $4.58. I really don't know how families with young children can afford this. It is so expensive to eat healthy....

Marge

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Art-n-Marge

Or visit often and bring your own straw...errr, ummmm, snifter. Then give him a few coins donation to help him out.

We have learned to shop at a place called Winco. Other than getting used to "bagging your own" and can't use credit cards, we sometimes go back to the higher priced retailers and can't believe what we used to pay.

Even Winco gives us sticker shock sometimes. For example, recently the non-fat milk I buy went from 2.48 to 2.88 per gallon, then back down to 2.45 in about two months time. I think I'll have to start drinking Brandy. At least, when the price goes up, I'll be "mellow" enough not to care.
mainer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 07:21 PM   #9
The Oldguard
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2625
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by mainer

I would be sooo happy to pay $2.88 a gallon for milk. Here in Maine it is $4.58. I really don't know how families with young children can afford this. It is so expensive to eat healthy....

Marge

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Art-n-Marge

In Skagway it was $6.49 a gallon
The Oldguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 07:17 AM   #10
deadeye
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6693
Try buying cottage chees and getting a container that is only half full and that is mostly milk. They don't even wait for the milk to sour or curtle anymore...JB
deadeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 07:28 AM   #11
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Jack and Dee, I noticed that too. In the same category, how about the Ham products that have a ton of water in them and it sells by the weight?
I bought a ham that was packed with water, before I got to the check-out counter, I poked a hole in the package and let all the water out... I had my own water at home.
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 01:20 PM   #12
sgtpp214
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1782
Jay, Just come to Washburn, WI and I'll introduce you to Jeff at the local IGA. Can't guarantee he'll give you my price. Way back in in the '60's I had him as a student when I was teaching. These kinds of deals are what is great about small town America. Part of our agreement is I don't buy groceries in the local St. Wally. No problem I am in the process of weinning myself form St Wally.
sgtpp214 is offline   Reply With Quote