Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 09-07-2011, 04:12 AM   #1
edmojenks
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #10127
Anybody refinanced their RV?

I purchased mine a year and a half ago at 6.99%. I'm wondering if anybody has refinanced their unit and if you can your recommend the company to me. I currently owe around $47K and have excellent credit.

edmojenks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 04:47 AM   #2
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110

A friend of ours refinanced their M/H and they seem to be happy with the deal. My recommendation would be to use a Credit Union if you have one available. I believe you can usually get a better interest rate there. We re-financed our loan in July when we made a trade for the newer Montana and our interest rate is about 4.5%.

Old 09-07-2011, 05:10 AM   #3
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
I just received an envelope from Good Sam and they are offering a refinance rate of 4.? % for refinancing your loans. I can pull it out of the trash if you would like to know the specifics. Just email or PM me! I have no idea if it is good or not just thought I'd let you know about it!

Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 06:21 PM   #4
TAKPAK
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8238
In the Camping World flyers, the Highways magazine, the Trailer Life magazines, and others all have ads for refinancing for low rates. The company I see advertised is Essex credit, a big outfit. HOWEVER, read the fine print. The low rate is usually for loans OVER $50,000 and for terms of 15 years or more. If you want less, or shorter terms, then the rates go up. We've considered it, but for us, the interest we got from the dealer was good enough (6%), and it is also the ONLY write off for taxes we've got, so that makes a difference too.
2015 GMC Sierra 4X4 3500 SRW
TAKPAK is offline   Reply With Quote