Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 06-23-2009, 02:41 PM   #1
snfexpress
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5140
Service center...

We're here in Goshen, getting some items taken care of on our Big Sky.

Arriving last Sunday, we got a room at a local motel so we could unload most of the furniture and stuffs from the living room/dining area of our 5er because one of the items needing replacement was the carpet due to a drip rail in the entertainment slide catching the threads and unraveling the nap. With the 5er unloaded, we headed over to the service center and dumped, then set up at Camp Keystone, so the fridge would work.

The following morning, about 7:30, I met with Daryl Turner, the service writer. What a great, accommodating fellow! We went through my list in a thorough manner and I was assured that my concerns would be addressed. Red tape was placed in various places so that the service technicians could correlate the specific area with the items on the list.

Later that afternoon, Daryl called me, as promised, to give me an update. We were headed to the factory, as I got the call, to put some cleaned laundry in the 5er. Once there, while putting the laundry away, I saw carpet being installed and the kitchen sink cabinet bottom being replaced, which was not one of the items on my list - water had spilled and swelled the fiber board. This was obviously my problem, and not Keystone's. I confessed that it was my fault and the reply was: "We're in this area anyway, so we need to fix it."

Tuesday afternoon saw us at the factory for the Montana tour. We were once again impressed with Mike Gabba's knowledge of the product and his personalized attention. After the tour, knowing that our 5er is in for warranty work, he asked various questions, one of which prompted a response from me about the graphics, which I had not put on our list. His response was to let Daryl know. I'll do so, so that if the situation gets to the point of needing serious attention, it'll be on paper.

Prior to the tour, I consulted with Daryl on the progress of the repairs. All was looking good. He told me that some of the items I asked for, such as a grill for the A/C, that I broke when replacing the filter, had been obtained and replaced; another item that I wanted was a sewer door. While they can't install it, I will get the door assembly so that I can install it like the older models, in the rear, driver side.

The factory tour showed more enhancements (boo to us!). One such upgrade is an automated electrical cord reel on a Big Sky that we saw - probably an option, as this 5er was loaded with full body paint.

We pick up our Monty tomorrow at eight o'clock, at which time Daryl and I will go over my list, once more. After we do the moving thing, we'll hopefully meet with Aram and Brandon Tom, part of "Team Montana". We'll spend the night at Camp Keystone because we are awaiting a package that hasn't yet arrived (but that is another story).

While visiting Goshen, we have paid particular attention to the goings on, economically. There are some signs of improvement: used car lots have inventory (instead of being out of business); Keystone is hiring about 150 people; sales are about 20% less than 2004, but rising (remember, 2005 was the zenith of RV sales); some models are requiring 6 day work-weeks; and locals are talking about recovery.

Yes, there are many people who are still out of work, and there are closed and scaled down businesses (Keystone being one of those that has consolidated their many factories). But, we are seeing trailers and 5ers being transported every day; the bus factory has ample delivery-awaiting inventory; and the ambulance factory seems to be spitting out a steady stream of units.

My humble assessment is that Keystone, as part of Thor, who is now financing the retail consumer, is here to stay and thrive in these uncertain times.

Good luck to all!

snfexpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 03:16 PM   #2
Jolu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7919
Michael,
Good to hear you were taken care of and happy with the service center. I also found they were very professional and went out their way to make me happy.
Did you have to set up an appointment ahead of time and if so how far in advance of your visit did you have to make the appointment.

Jolu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 03:21 PM   #3
boylanag
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5965
Thanks, Mike, for the update. It is really good to hear that things are apparently getting better and that the service center is still doing its usual great job.
boylanag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 03:22 PM   #4
snfexpress
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5140
We did make an appointment, well in advance of our arrival, but that was due to our convenience - for the last 3 days there has been no one at Camp Keystone, although most of the service bays are filled with one type of RV or another.
Old 06-23-2009, 04:30 PM   #5
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
Thats the same Daryl we know. But 7:30am Daryl must be getting older. He was knocking on our door a 6:00am on both occasions we were at Camp Keystone. Daryl is a asset to Keystone. He will get things done. We only had praise for the whole service center. I think you will be treated very professional there. They always find thing that needs to be repaired. Great people at the Service Center. GBY....
Delaine and Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 02:51 AM   #6
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
That is a typical experience at The service center.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 03:09 AM   #7
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
What you just experienced at the Service Center is nothing new to many of us. In all my years on the MOC I doubt I ever heard two complaints about Daryl or the Keystone Customer Service Center. Everyone there is topnotch in their jobs and just because you didn't notice or report a problem does not have any bearing on the problem being fixed and they don't seem to care how it was created.
When I had my rig up there for a tank problem they even did a body repair to something that was quite obviously my fault.
Unless it is something that needs immediate attention, if I have any problems with my rig it goes to Goshen for repair.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 07:40 AM   #8
snfexpress
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5140
I agree with the "normalcy" of the customer service. Just wanted to applaud good service when I get it.