Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 06-11-2008, 03:42 AM   #1
Driftwoodgal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5446
Send a message via AIM to Driftwoodgal
We are leaving Texas for Wisconsin to work

Well, we just got the call so we are headed out this afternoon for Wisconsin. Not sure where in Wisconsin, but up to that area to adjust losses.

Anyone know about the weather damage in that area? What we might be looking at as far as power outages. Hasn't been reports on our TV stations, so for those in the know plase post info. Don't have a generator, so we might be buying one on the way up if there isn't power.

This will be the first time that I trvel with Bob on his storm trooping. Please keep us in your prayers that we don't kill each other.

Sorry, everyone has gotten so beat up, but insurance adjusters are on their way from different areas to help you guys get back on your feet.

I will keep everyone updated on this thread where we are. Would love to see as many of you as we can.

Colleen

Driftwoodgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 04:14 AM   #2
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Colleen,

Not sure on the power outages, in your case I think a generator would be a good idea, just remember do not run it with an Autoformer

Suggest a google for Wisconsin for the outages, and storm damage. I do know that an area called the Wisconsin Dells took a major hit.

Safe rides.
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 09:16 AM   #3
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
There are lots of flooded areas, Lake Delton drained itself by bypassing the damn and taking out 3 houses, damaging two others and completely draining the lake. There is flooding around Racine, Madison, and areas west of Milw. A lot of areas around various rivers are in danger of flooding and several small towns are under water just from the local rain fall. We are in the far north so we didn't get anything but wet, no flooding here, yet. The lakes here as a whole are very low and the more rain the better but it looks like the southern half of the state took the majority of the heavy rain. West central got dumped on also.. Dave
Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 02:13 PM   #4
PackerFan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1081
It's pretty much as Dave said. The flooding and major damage is mostly south of Green Bay in the southern portion of the state. Luckily we are ok this far north and hopefully remain that way. I don't believe there are many power outages left, the utilities have managed it rather well.

Good Luck,
Scott
PackerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 07:21 PM   #5
Driftwoodgal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5446
Still don't know where in Wisconsin.yet. WE are supposed to make conference calls at 1PM tomorrow when we are on the road. We are in Texarkana RV Park called Shady Pines. Such nich people. Put is a the first pull through near the showers and potties. We put power to the AC and water for the cat. We will be showering in the am and leaving by 8 AM.

Bob told me that my days of sleeping late are over again.

I counted Fifth Wheel/TT trailers on the road, as well as Motorhome/ClassC , Horse haulers that were part RV, and a SPAM bus not sure what it should classify. I will report the numbers tomorrow.

/
I need to be off to bed.....tired.

Colleen

Old 06-12-2008, 07:05 AM   #6
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Colleen-- Just make sure you park on HIGH GROUND and put pontoons on your TV and Monte if you head into the lower part! From there you will probably be sent to Iowa to do your thing down there with all of the flooding and tornado damage there also. If you get by Omaha stop in and say "Hi!". Safe trip and hope all goes well! Keep us informed on the attitude of the travelers!
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 09:42 AM   #7
hazmic
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4962
If you are in Iowa let me know as we live in Cedar Rapids and it is bad. We are don't in the flooded area and if you are here you can park the Montana in our yard as our Montana is in TX. Let me know if you need to.
hazmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 11:21 AM   #8
padredw
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2224
Send a message via Skype™ to padredw
Driftwood Gal, We were at Shady Pines on Wednesday--the RV sales and service next to the park where you are staying. That is where we bought our present fifth-wheel. We had lunch at Bryce's Cafeteria in Texarkana (just off I-30), a wonderful place to eat. If you need any RV service, just ask for Pam (one of the owners) and tell her David sent you !

padredw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 06:19 AM   #9
sgtpp214
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1782
Colleen, You will probably recieve info during your conference call, but is you want to know about road closures go to the following WEB site: www.dot.wisconsin.gov In the upper right corner is a box with 'Flood Map'. Click and on it and an interactive map will come up that you click on Hwy and it will tell you about closures and detour route suggestions.

We are in Chicago now and will be heading North to Wausau on Sunday or Monday depending on road conditions. I am looking at going to I-90/94/39 North to Hwy 151 North then Hwy 19 West to Hwy 51 north to I-39 North.

I-90/94/39 is closed NB at 151 to the I-90/94 I-39 interchange at Hwy 78.
sgtpp214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 06:57 AM   #10
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Are you coming through K.C.? If so, give us a yell. Drive safe.
Did you get the new tires on? Hope so.
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 01:06 PM   #11
hazmic
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4962
If you are traveling in Iowa check with the DOT in IA as there a lot of interstates and hi ways closed because of the flooding. I know for sure right now that if you was going East or west on I 80 THAT THERE IS A 281 MILE DETOUR. And that is just one road. It's not nice here and it will be some time before it gets better
hazmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 01:22 PM   #12
Driftwoodgal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5446
Well, we are in Eagle River staying at Hi Pines campground. This has been one wasted trip expensive trip. Hubby is working for a new company, and has not had all of the training that he needed to work the program software. The people that he is working for don't seem to have the time to explain on the phone nor do they have an office anywhere close. The nearest office is over 300 miles from us. We have decided to pack things up and go see Mount Rushmore , etc., then go through Nebraska, Kansas, Oklahoma and then back to Texas.

Dave, I just read that you are just a few miles from us. Wish we could have met up with you guys, maybe sometime in the future. This area is just beautiful.

Hazmic, thanks for the offer of a place to park the Monty. That was very nice!! Hubby won't be working for this company again unless he can be properly trained. He thought that he would have an office that he could go to for some help. He has been doing this for 30 years. Each company has their own way of doing things.

Ozz, we will be going through KC. Would love to see you guys when we are there. We are changing out two of the tires tomorrow and buying two brand new ones. The other two new tires are in our living room at home. We will use one as a spare once we get home, and keep the other one to use in the future.

Carol, missed you too! Hope to meet up with you at some point.

Padre, gosh missed you by one day!!! We really love Shady Pines, have stayed there two times now. Both times the people were just lovely. It sure is easy to get in and out of there. Better yet I love the free ice to help keep my frig cold. We don't run the frig on propane when we are traveling.

sgt, the roads were a mess. We had to take 151 to 41 to 10. 45 was closed so we had to go on 10 to I 39 then take 8 to 17 into Eagle River.

Colleen

Old 06-17-2008, 02:18 PM   #13
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
If you are going to Mount Rushmore, and other places, sounds like a wonderful ending!

Bummer on the business part of this story.

Enjoy your ride to the Mount!
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 03:43 PM   #14
Driftwoodgal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5446
Carol,

Yes, it is a disappointment as fuel prices are so high. We will make the best of it and see things, visit some friends and head home. I just feel badly for him as he feels like this was his fault. Of course that isn't the case, this company should never have called him up here without support. So tomorrow is another day that we will be blessed to live and see another part of this great nation that we live in. I must say though I am looking out the Monty window at mosquitos that are twice the size of the ones in Texas.

Colleen

Old 06-17-2008, 08:13 PM   #15
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
Hold the phone, we just the 50 amp outlet installed a few days ago, got good well water, and two labs that just love company. We are just 17 miles north of you, stop by for a few days, no charge and unwind. Betsy is going to curves in the morning and I will ride along and stop by and say hi unless you are gonna haul out early. We would love to meet for lunch at least but you are welcome to stop by for a few days, our Big Sky is in Wisconsin Rapids for warranty work so lotsa room. At least give us a call in the morning.. 715-547-6891 ... Dave
Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote