Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 09-20-2007, 02:28 AM   #1
lwcdg
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4726
New Chevy Delivered

Well here guys things could be a little better. Delivery went as expected with a little hitch. No salesman, I took delivery from one of the dealership's car runners. This man takes the cars/trucks to dealers take they trade with and brings a different one back. My salesman had an emergency so this "senior" stepped in. I did get a call from my salesman and he will walk me thru any problem when he gets back in the office.

Delivery problems 0. Problems with the truck 4.
1. the mirrors don't adjust. no power?
2. back up sensor ony works when your inches away. tested by backing into my buddies f150 less tha 12 inches away and no alarm. Check to see if it was on by putting my hand in front sensor. It went off.
3. no wiring harness for plug in the bed. They will find it or order me a new one.
4. chipped on the door. sending me touch up paint.

So this tells me I'll be spending some time in a chevy dealship waiting room, yuk. I'd rather be driving this beautiful truck.
If the mpg keeps going up I'll be able to drive it even further. Life is good.
Chuck

lwcdg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 08:26 AM   #2
Mudchief
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4961
Congratulations on your new truck. Hope you have many trouble free miles.
1200 watts of Solar
Mudchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 08:59 AM   #3
Eagle Man
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7430
1. Only the top of the mirror is power, the bottom (convex part) is manual.
2. Can't help.
3. Check under the truck between the bed and the cab for a wire bundle.
4. I had the same ding on the passenger's door. The dealer paid to have it 'properly' repaired. It looks great until the sun hits it just right!
Eagle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 11:13 AM   #4
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by lwcdg

... 2. back up sensor ony works when your inches away. tested by backing into my buddies f150 less tha 12 inches away and no alarm. Check to see if it was on by putting my hand in front sensor. It went off.
(Warning!!! Tongue-in-cheek approaching!)

Your problem is simple... GM officially considers a Ford insignificant. Therefore, it is not necessary to acknowledge it's presence. Try another GM product before returning for warranty work.

Of course, that only my theory...

Congrats on your new truck. I know you will love it.
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 12:08 PM   #5
lwcdg
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4726
Dave that why we tested with a person walking behind it, General Male. --))))

Old 09-20-2007, 12:18 PM   #6
lwcdg
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4726
1. wire bundle found
2. door paint being shipped along with 3 or 4 more 7 day tags. Indiana has a 31 day limit to plate, so dealer is sending more tags. I was just pulled over for no plates by state trooper. I just showed hm the tag and paperwork.
3. mirrors were messed up. tech said both doors showed open circuit. They popped off the door panel and replugged the wires in. Works now.
Truck shows made in MI so Patty did Dick see this one?--))))

Now to see if this thing has inflation warning if so no need for pressure pro on the TV.

I had a great time today driving this beauty after it was fixed. I'll fill it again tonight and hand cal mpg fuel here is 2.74 what is it in goshen?
thanks
Chuck
Old 09-20-2007, 12:31 PM   #7
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Chuck, you paid $2.74 for diesel??? Where was that??? I be traveling back into MI this Sun.

Not cheap here... $3.09 most places. Meijer, between Goshen and Elkhart, on 33 just north of IN 20 is $2.91. Haven't seen anything cheaper, and I have been looking. Gasoline is running $2.75-$2.80.
Old 09-20-2007, 02:06 PM   #8
lwcdg
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4726
Dave, Meijer in Highland, IN I'm heading there now to get fuel and I'll post the price. that was the price last night. I was just to tired to stop.
Chuck
Old 09-20-2007, 05:03 PM   #9
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Diesel here just went up to $3.14 this afternoon - Oil at $83+ today...
Old 09-20-2007, 05:10 PM   #10
clutch
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7329
It sounds like you and your truck are good to go. Congratulations on your new purchase I am sure you are going to like it. There are few things in life that are as good as the smell of a new truck.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 09:56 PM   #11
lwcdg
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4726
Dave as I said Meijer in Highland, IN raise price today to 2.84, of course because now I'm filling up.
HTH
Chuck
Old 09-21-2007, 01:35 AM   #12
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Thanks, Chuck. I think I'm heading in the opposite direction from here though.
Old 09-21-2007, 02:32 AM   #13
Leaseit
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5356
Chuck..... Congradulations and know your smiling big time... Get the cammera out and lets see a couple of picturs of that beast. The dealer called yesterday morning and they have the belt in FINALLY.
Leaseit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 04:46 AM   #14
Robertone

M.O.C. #7651
Congrats on the new truck, Chuck. May you have many trouble free miles of driving and hauling.
I picked up my new Chevy 2500HD Dmax/Alsn a little over a year ago. I can truthfuly say that I have not had one problem with it. Amazing since the last Chevy Eurosport I purchased in 1984 was loaded with troubles.
Possibly the build quality is getting better on the US autos especially their trucks. From my understanding, the manufacuturers put much time and effort in the design and manufacture of their truck lines. At least that's what I have read in Popular Mechanics recently.
Anyway, enjoy your new vehicle and I am sure that once these initial flops are ironed out you will not be visiting the dealer very frequently.

Bob
Robertone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 12:19 PM   #15
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Congrats on your new truck Chuck! I bet the wiring for the bed plug in is already there, usually zip tied to a frame bracket by the fuel filler neck under the bed. Your dealership will need to install the "female" plug directly into your bed for you. Again, congrats on that new truck...
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 07:31 AM   #16
Bill and Lisa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6958
Chuck, make sure you get (or find) the fuse to allow you to charge your Monty's battery through the Bargman. They normally don't ship installed. Some have found the fuse in the glove box, others have had to buy it from the dealer parts department.

Bill
Bill and Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 03:55 PM   #17
lwcdg
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4726
Dave, I crawled under the truck with the cell phone and with the help of the dealership found the wiring. Right where you said it would be!
I could not believe that I could not see any wires. Next is to find the engine block heater cord. I've got a few weeks before this is a must though.

Bill & Lisa, I'm 99% sure the fuse is already there. I'll have the hitch people double check when they install the new hitch and install the wiring into the bed.

Now to decide if I want the truck bed treated.
thanks for all of the replies
Chuck
Old 09-26-2007, 06:21 PM   #18
RC and Samantha
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2
Send a message via AIM to RC and Samantha Send a message via Yahoo to RC and Samantha
Chuck and Pam it was great meeting you two at the rally. How cool that you guys were able to be at the group campfire. We really enjoyed the chat we had.

Have to say it's a might pretty truck! I know we're partial but heck it is a beauty. I now have truck envy again. Keep bugging Dick to get a new one.

Hope to see you at next years rally. I know you two are really tied up with the business but you now have a full year to plan. It would be great to see you there again, with your Montana.

Patty
RC and Samantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 07:40 PM   #19
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Chuck,
Your block heater cord is zipped tied just below the front right passenger wheel well. It is almost unreachable by coming down from the top of the engine. I found mine by turning the steering wheel all the way to the left and coming from the underside of the wheel well.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote