Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 07-19-2007, 06:55 PM   #1
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
Still in the shop

Well its been in the shop for almost 4 weeks now at Mike Thompsons RV, Santa Fe Springs. and no window from Keyston has arrived. I dont understand the dinett slide window is a standard size, they use it on most of the Keystone RV's. a person would think that it would be sitting there on the shelf.
The only up part of the whole thing is, that it is to hot to go anywhere and sit in the MONTY with the air on trying to get cool.
I cant even put the alarm system in because the trailer isn't here either, all I can do is look at the alarm and wonder if it will do what they advertise.
Oh well.....................................

Old 07-19-2007, 07:05 PM   #2
The Oldguard
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2625
Don, it takes about four weeks just for Keystone to get the windows from the vendor, and then they have to ship it to the dealer. They are standard sizes but everything they have on hand is for the production run, and they won’t use any of them to ship to the dealer.

Have you heard anything from Charles Wade about your decals??
The Oldguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 04:37 AM   #3
TOM F
Established Member

M.O.C. #5959
Trailer Trash 2

I am with you on this one. If you look at a post i made about 10 days ago, I to am waiting on parts from Keystone. My order date for the parts was June 28th and I am betting that it will be August before they arrive.I understand they order them from there vendors as the dealer orders but 4 to 5 weeks for parts!
TOM F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 08:35 AM   #4
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
Update

Well I have the Monty back, and was disapointed with Mike Thompsons repair department. They hardly return calls to placed to there personal cell phone provided by the company, to communicate with there coustomers.

They didn't follow my instructions when replacing the dinett window, I provided a caulking called "Tacky Tape" it does not shrink, bleed black marks, or dry out like the oil based caulking does, it's a little extra for the product but zero maintenance for the window a few years down the road, I wrote a letter to the service manager and CC a copy to the service writer and am waiting for the reply.
They also were able to deposit grease on the carpet and after our inspection we found that the front compartment frame was not completed or painted either, this is after they called me and I made an appointment to pick up the completed trailer.

So if you go to Mike Thompson RV for repair service, inspect and don't accept if not to your standards. I accepted because I can live with the work finally getting cleaned and painted, but the window is on the shelf untill I hear from Mike Thompson RV.
Old 08-08-2007, 09:10 AM   #5
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Don and Georgia, doesn't that just drive you crazy? Why does it have to be so difficult? You provided them with instructions, and they don't even double check the work. With service centers charging $100.00 an hour, you would think they would get it right.
At least you were admitted in the service department. Lifestyles, or Naylor, here in K.C. won't even give me an appointment. I can't get my Monte in for warr. work. They just wear you down.
Your dealer seems to be par with ours here.
Good luck, keep the battle up with them.
Ozz
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 10:40 AM   #6
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Ozz

Don and Georgia, doesn't that just drive you crazy? Why does it have to be so difficult? You provided them with instructions, and they don't even double check the work. With service centers charging $100.00 an hour, you would think they would get it right.
At least you were admitted in the service department. Lifestyles, or Naylor, here in K.C. won't even give me an appointment. I can't get my Monte in for warr. work. They just wear you down.
Your dealer seems to be par with ours here.
Good luck, keep the battle up with them.
Ozz
Yep Sorta XXsses a person off.
As for your problem why do you have to use that dealer that your having truble with, Get Keystone to approve another or recomend another dealer for you.
Old 08-08-2007, 01:02 PM   #7
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
Ozz try Sisemores in Amarillo TX, a Montana dealer.
Dustytuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 01:17 AM   #8
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Well, I wanted to have it fixed here in town, and I am ordering new windows from my dealer, a bathroom window and a screened slider for the bedroom window. I probably will have to go elsewhere. I am only concerned with my broken wall in the kitchen, I'll fix the torn vinyl. It's just the fact that they sold it to me, they should fix the da#@ thing.
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 02:29 AM   #9
SlickWillie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6575
I can feel your pain! Ours has been in the shop almost three weeks. I like to keep updated on things(call once a week), but like TT2 said, our service manager doesn't know how to return calls either. I'll be making another call today, and if no update, I may ride over to the dealer to have a look see. I really suspect they have so many in to service, they are not working on ours over one day a week. Oh well, I know where lots of other dealers are when I buy a new one.
SlickWillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 04:10 AM   #10
Dave Nowlin
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7253
Is the kind of terrible service you guys are getting typical of most Monte dealers? If so how do they or Monte stay in business? America is still supposed to be a free market economy, so why haven't dealers who will really do what they say sprung up to take business away from these who won't? Why are they still in business?
Dave Nowlin
Dave Nowlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 05:47 AM   #11
SlickWillie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6575
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Dave Nowlin

Is the kind of terrible service you guys are getting typical of most Monte dealers? If so how do they or Monte stay in business? America is still supposed to be a free market economy, so why haven't dealers who will really do what they say sprung up to take business away from these who won't? Why are they still in business?
Dave Nowlin
I think it has to do with Keystone's allowing dealers franchises only within a certain distance of another. Where we bought the Mountaineer, they sell the Montana, Mountaineer, and another Keystone model or two. About 1/2 mile up the road, they sell Cougar. There is not another Montana dealer in our area. I looked at a couple places some distance away, but didn't want to spend a day and a tank of diesel taking the RV in for service.

BTW, I talked to the GM at our dealer this morning, and they are finally getting something done on our unit. We had a black tank leak, and they finally found the leak yesterday. Someone at Keystone had ran a screw into the top of the tank at the factory. I knew from the cut in the underbelly they had found something when they checked the tank at the factory, they just didn't fix it. One plus; we'll get a black tank flush system at minimal cost. We're waiting on a new hydraulic cylinder for the LR/DR slide now. Hopefully one more week.
Old 08-09-2007, 10:53 AM   #12
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
A bad dealer is a bad dealer no mater what brand he sells and most dealers sell more than one brand. Our Dealer sells 5 difffernt brands plus park models yet is a excellent dealer.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 12:32 PM   #13
rldriver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2801
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Dave Nowlin

Dave Nowlin
Dave, I must say that our dealer, D&L RV in Wenatchee Washington State is great. I called them last week with a list of warranty items that I needed to have fixed as our house sold quicker than we expected and needed to move into our Big Sky Montana.

They called me back and said bring it in Monday and they would get right on it. I picked it up yesterday afternoon with most everything fixed. There is some parts they have to order but will take care of replacing them at a later date.

Among other things they had to take the main header off of the large slider as it had a big bow in it. They reversed it and then added a angle iron the length of the slider to help keep it from bowing in the future.

In answer to your question, no, all dealers are not alike.

Dick
rldriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 12:35 PM   #14
SlickWillie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6575
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by richfaa

A bad dealer is a bad dealer no mater what brand he sells and most dealers sell more than one brand. Our Dealer sells 5 difffernt brands plus park models yet is a excellent dealer.
Hmmm, maybe I didn't explain that just like I wanted to. I was trying to justify why questionable dealers in a particular area can stay in business. Keystone products are good sellers, and dealers operate in a protected area. I had looked at Montana fifth wheels at Fort Worth, but would I have been better off if I purchased there? Five hours to take it back for service, so I picked the less of two evils. (I hope)
Old 08-09-2007, 01:00 PM   #15
mtpocket2
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6098
We were refused warranty work because we didn’t buy our trailer from the local dealer. Dear wife called Keystone and they apologized but said there was nothing they could do. They recommended another local Keystone dealer who does not sell Montana's but sells other's in the Keystone line. A call to them and they were more than willing to help. That may be an option if you have another dealer that sells Keystone locally. It's one I never thought of. Seems Keystone could do something to keep the dealers in line who need it. Some kind of bonus for satisfied customers or lack of incentives to dealers who do not cooperate and get too many complaints.
mtpocket2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 03:48 PM   #16
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
Update, & Good News

Guess who called me today? Mike Thompson RV!! they apoligised and asked me when I would like to bring in the Monty and have the window reglased, they were going to send a driver over to pick up my Monty, can you believe it? I declined and made the appointment for this Monday, I asked how long it will take, and was told one day. WOW well this is good so far, now we'll see what kind of a job I get this time. I guess a letter dont hurt now and then.
Old 08-09-2007, 06:57 PM   #17
clutch
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7329
That is good news TT
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote