Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 04-06-2007, 07:34 AM   #1
rldriver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2801
My Big Sky is missing

We ordered our Big Sky on the 27th of January this year in hopes to have it in about 2 months. We got a email from our dealer saying it will be off the line on March 21 and will be here in 12 days, so should have arrived last Monday the 2nd of April.

My contact at the dealership was on vacation most of this week so when I sent him an email seeing if we could do the PDI this Friday he replied yesterday saying "that it's not here yet and is looking into it". I called again today and was told that Keystone is looking for it and are not sure where it is or if it shipped and will get back to the dealer. I have "0" confidence in Charles Wade as he has refused to return my telephone calls in the past so not sure how to find out what's going on.

If you see a big sky wandering around by itself please send it on the road to Washington.

rldriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 07:39 AM   #2
Tom Gina 06
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5993
This bothers me I also have left messages with them to return calls or e-mails and they never return them. Has this become the norm for Keystone to do this? Not a good confidence builder for potential customers or return business. Hello Keystone are you listening???

Tom Gina 06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 08:02 AM   #3
David and Jo-Anna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6022
Dick and Jackie:

OUCH!!!!! Sorry to hear that Keystone doesn't have the info right at hand as to where your Big Sky is at. Hope it's a temporary glitch and that it shows up tomorrow at your dealership. We saw several Big Skys when we visited the plant last week, but couldn't tell if one was yours--and those we saw on the road were headed east, not west.

Now I'm getting nervous. Our Big Sky was supposed to come off the line two weeks ago, and I expected it to be here by now since the weather hasn't been bad and we aren't that far from the plant. All we hear is that it is "in transit."

Color me "anxious."
David and Jo-Anna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 08:54 AM   #4
refocused
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6586
Just a thought - your rig might just be sitting at the dealer's, but they are busy selling more and don't have the time right now to get your's ready to deliver - we had a similar experience cause our rig probably arrived on a Thursday and they are really busy on the weekend (they don't know we figured that one out!) - hope you get it soon!

S
refocused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 09:22 AM   #5
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
I am sorry to hear about your lost Big Sky. I am going to put this one back on your dealer, not Keystone. The major transport companies that ship out of Goshen, IN. require their drivers to call the selling dealership by 1 p.m. EST to provide an update on the location of the coach and the approx. arrival date. I would find out who the transport company is that picked up you coach, call their dispatch center and start tracking it that way. "Your dealership" should be doing this, but if you are not getting anywhere with them, I would start the chain calls myself. Once it leaves the holding pen, there is no way for Keystone or Charles to track your coach across the nation. It is done by the transport companies... Please keep us updated on the status of your lost coach.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 10:23 AM   #6
rldriver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2801
I just got off the telephone with my dealer and the Big sky is still sitting at the factory and has not been shipped. I was also told that they said they are very busy and did not know that there was a rush on this unit. If they took the time to read the paper work they have they might notice is says "pre-sold".

They will now try and get it "out Monday and should be here Tuesday or Wednesday of next week". Fat chance as it has over 2000 miles to go.

My question now is; is it sitting at the factory because there is a problem with it or they do not have a trucker to haul it? Very interesting.

Maybe it will be sitting in my yard "next" week end. And then maybe not.

David and Jo-Anna, may I suggest that you get on the telephone with your dealer and check things out on your unit. (I probably don't did not have to say that as I am sure you are on it.)
Old 04-06-2007, 02:29 PM   #7
Cat320
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5751
"Presold" means it's a done deal...no hurry.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 05:08 PM   #8
Hemlockusa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4766
Bert's right no rush on your deal. And I would say that your dealer, salesperson has fallen down on his job - to insure your a happy customer. That is SAD...
Not to worry, it will soon, but not soon enough for your taste it will get there and you will be happy... But it's very hard when your the only one pushing for it to be transported. I am sorry about that. By the way, when it arrives and you need a place to break it in and show it off. Were having a little get togeather in Branson 17-20th of May. why not stop be and see a few of us folks. Later John
Hemlockusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 05:48 PM   #9
Imp
Montana Master

M.O.C. #956
It wasn't any different 3 yrs ago when we were waiting for our new Monty. Too many rigs waiting for too few drivers. Use a smile in your voice and gently prod for information on a regular basis. We even offered to drive back and get it... of course that didn't work, but it was another gentle reminder of how anxious we were. With the weather in the north the way it is, I am not sure I would want them on the road with it until things clear. Just a thought...
Imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 03:33 AM   #10
happy campers
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6523
We ordered our Mountaineer in July, and we didn't get delivery until the middle of October. That was the year of Katrina, and anybody with a truck was taking trailers to the Gulf coast. We didn't get much use out of it that year, but we understood. Hope yours arrives quickly!
happy campers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 04:46 AM   #11
Steve and Brenda
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6364
Have them put a trucker's GPS tracker on it at their expense so you can check the progress. No reason for a vendor to lose track of product and then miss delivery schedule.
Steve and Brenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 05:23 AM   #12
deerrahn
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4828
Transit for your Big Sky depends on a lot of things. First of all, after it is built and put out in the lot, Keystone has to release it to the "Transportation Company. When they get someone available to move it to their storage lot, they will pick it up. How they decide on which ones get transported first, I have no idea. But I would guess a little PR call would help. About 18 months ago the transporter companies cut the amount of fuel money they were paying the transporters. A lot of them quit. Then business slowed and the drivers did not come back. It is now starting to pick up again. I have not heard about the fuel money situation, but would guess it has to come back up or Transportation on your unit is going to be later than you thought. Just info from the inside. Good Luck on your unit and enjoy.
deerrahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 07:28 AM   #13
rldriver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2801
Thanks all for your comments and suggestions. As I see it Keystone gave my dealer a departure date and did not do what they said. My dealer did not follow up with out my calling them, they should have been on top of it.

We are just like kids waiting for Christmas morning and are excited to get the new unit. I guess we will just have to sit back and relax, it will be here when it's here.

I would not have taken our 2980 to the dealer early if I had known in advance that it could take this long. We could have been camping while waiting. Oh well...

Thanks John for the invite to Branson, it will be another year before my wife retires and we will be able to get to a rally. So hope to see you next year.

Old 04-08-2007, 07:02 AM   #14
JimF
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6260
Send a message via ICQ to JimF Send a message via AIM to JimF Send a message via Yahoo to JimF
I would put this whole deal on your dealer. when we ordered our unit it was "pre sold" but the dealer did not get paid until delivery. Mine was marked rush, the dealer gave me a weekly update, even if it was to say "we don't know anything new" I was told the 1st week after order placement when the unit was due off line and it actually came off line 3 days early. The dealer handled the transport coordination and the unit came to Houston in 3 days. We took possession a week early and it was fully preped, serviced and dealer PDIed before we got there. Our PDI did not find any problem areas, the dealer PDI check list was more comprehensive that ours. All and all a great experience. Thanks Holiday World.
JimF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 07:13 AM   #15
rldriver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2801
Thanks Jim for your thoughts. I still put some of the blame on Keystone but I do agree if the dealer was on top of things it would be here by now. Oh, well no big thing.

I was wondering how you missed Idaho and Montana in your travels? Long way to go from Texas to pick up those 2 states to fill in your map.

Happy camping.

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by JimF

I would put this whole deal on your dealer. when we ordered our unit it was "pre sold" but the dealer did not get paid until delivery. Mine was marked rush, the dealer gave me a weekly update, even if it was to say "we don't know anything new" I was told the 1st week after order placement when the unit was due off line and it actually came off line 3 days early. The dealer handled the transport coordination and the unit came to Houston in 3 days. We took possession a week early and it was fully preped, serviced and dealer PDIed before we got there. Our PDI did not find any problem areas, the dealer PDI check list was more comprehensive that ours. All and all a great experience. Thanks Holiday World.