Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 01-12-2007, 03:09 PM   #1
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
I am a Guest, I do not Own This Forum

nor did I pay for it for many years. I am not an Administrator or Moderator. I donate only if I want to. Therefore I do not believe I can demand anything of the Admin. or owners of this forum. If the forum is slow, I can tell them but I cannot demand they fix it. If they choose to delete or change something, I do not feel they owe me an explanation. It is theirs, not mine. JMHO
Happy trails.......................

Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 03:29 PM   #2
Garin1
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2773
AMEN,, brother
Garin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 03:48 PM   #3
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
My sentiments exactly.

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 03:55 PM   #4
melnjoy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1935
You Tell them Sue!!!!!!!!!!!
Mel
melnjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 04:20 PM   #5
DONnANNIE
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6088
Send a message via AIM to DONnANNIE Send a message via Yahoo to DONnANNIE
Sue, You Go Girl! ! !

DONnANNIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 04:50 PM   #6
illapah
Montana Master

M.O.C. #666
Gosh, didn't know anyone had a gripe. However, I agree, this is not my list and I enjoy it and appreciate all the efforts of those that manage this list. THANKS FROM ME.
illapah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 04:51 PM   #7
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Read all 9 pages of the "slow forum" topic. Don't see any demands just some members noting that the forum is slow, wondering if something might be broke and offering suggestions on what might be broke.The fact is something is broke. I am sure the owners are well aware of that fact are are addressing the problem.As we mentioned before..this forum is free to the users because the owners have made that choice. True we have no right to make demands on the owners and unless I missed something I see none. Is there something wrong with with making comments on a observable problem and offering suggestions. What did I miss on the demand thing???

On edit..this is formco

About Us

Here at ForumCo.com we are dedicated to providing the best, fastest and easiest to use hosted discussion forum for our users.

ForumCo discussion forums are based on a forum that was developed by www.asp-dev.com and later enhanced by forum.snitz.com.

We rely on our users for feedback. If you have an idea or have a feature request please email us or post on our support forum.

ForumCo.com,
Dublin.
Éire.

Tel:353-86-1061676

Anyone can buy a forum from Formco,,formco provides everything.
'The owners of this forum are not formco,,they are folks like you and me who bought some bandwidth from formco. Any problem is most likely with formco and not with the owners of this forum..Hope there was not a miss-understanding.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 04:57 PM   #8
Ozzie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1358
Send a message via MSN to Ozzie
Being that most of us by nature are a handy fix it type bunch, I think we just want to figure it out and make it better.
Ozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 07:33 PM   #9
toolmanroy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1745
Making honest comments is not a demand. Most of us follow the rules of the forum and only make observations or give opinions when we think we have a valid point or something to add to the subject. Many good changes have come from the suggestions.
toolmanroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 11:30 PM   #10
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
Quote:
quote:nor did I pay for it for many years. I am not an Administrator or Moderator. I donate only if I want to. Therefore I do not believe I can demand anything of the Admin. or owners of this forum. If the forum is slow, I can tell them but I cannot demand they fix it. If they choose to delete or change something, I do not feel they owe me an explanation. It is theirs, not mine. JMHO

Well said Sue!
Dustytuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 12:00 AM   #11
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Parrothead

nor did I pay for it for many years. I am not an Administrator or Moderator. I donate only if I want to. Therefore I do not believe I can demand anything of the Admin. or owners of this forum. If the forum is slow, I can tell them but I cannot demand they fix it. If they choose to delete or change something, I do not feel they owe me an explanation. It is theirs, not mine. JMHO
Sue, No one is DEMANDING a thing and I don't know about you but the rest of us want to see this MOC forum go on forever but if something isn't done to correct the problems it will die a slow painful death. If we all decided to leave things as they are than that is exactly what will happen. I know what I am saying as I have seen it happen to others in the past. When we become complacent and accept things as they are we all lose.
I do not see a problem with anyone asking why his or her post was deleted or edited. If nothing more an explanation could prevent further errors on the posters part.
May I suggest that if you or anyone else have a problem with certain threads do not click on those threads and most of all do not comment to those threads.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 02:04 AM   #12
Wrenchtraveller
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4890
Right on Glenn, a public forum is a public forum. Some would think that we should be humming in harmony on every single subject but we can respect each other and still disagree. On this issue I agree with you, but I respect and enjoy the opinions of everyone on this site.
Wrenchtraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 03:02 AM   #13
tom41
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6363
well I think this is a great forum and a great bunch of people! A discussion of differences and opinions are what plants "seeds" for new ideas, I do believe thats what is called "Democracy", at least thats what I tell Nancy when she dont agree with me !! LOL!
tom41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 05:42 AM   #14
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Now that we have all settled down and stopped pointing fingers at each other which we are good at doing,If you look over at the slow forum thread it looks like we are woking together to find a solution.It would be a good thing if before we make a comment(myself included) we try to understand what the poster is saying and think about our reply.Too many times there are replies that have no relationship to the post and help nothing..
Old 01-13-2007, 06:15 AM   #15
Chuck and Carol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1011
Maybe the forum would run faster if posters didn't put so many pictures and characters in their posts. Slows my computer down big time.
Chuck and Carol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 06:24 AM   #16
Ozzie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1358
Send a message via MSN to Ozzie
Chuck and Carol - you can go to your profile and turn off sigs, that should help you out some. I would imagine those with slower connections need to do that.
Ozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 07:13 AM   #17
Chuck and Carol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1011
Sorry -- don't have a slow connection
Chuck and Carol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 08:17 AM   #18
Imp
Montana Master

M.O.C. #956
IMHO we are all owners of this forum by the simple fact that we joined, received a password and agreed to abide by the protocols of this forum. We are all entitled to give our opinion (good or bad), but we don't have to be rude or put down other people. It is good to learn about the things that go wrong and how to fix them. We can agree to disagree. It is good to hear how unhappy you are, as we can support you. This is a good forum and we have a lot of fun on it. We also learn lots and it is really amazing that with all the different personalities, we really do get along pretty well.... kind of like a family! I hope that this forum will stay alive and valid for many years.
Imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 02:53 PM   #19
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
I'm with you, Sue. This is not a public forum, it is a private forum. The owner and administrators run it. They have done a fine job. I have been told to delete or modify a couple of my posts and carried my questions to them privately through PM and emails. I do not believe in lambasting them publicly in this forum because I question why they are doing something. I will discuss it privately and will accept their judgement. After all, they own and run this. Like Sue, I am a guest. They have done a good job and I support what they are doing. If I don't like it, I can go elsewhere.

"Demands" can be explicit or they can be implicit. They certainly do come though when I read the forum.

The tone in this forum used to be a very positive one. It sure has gone negative in recent months.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 03:56 PM   #20
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
I am still missing something or do not understand something. The folks who own the MOC forum and Forumco are two different sets of folks. The folks who own the forum are folks like you and me who purchased something from Forumco like Helen and I just purchased a web site from Good Sam for our blog.I see no one demanding anything from the owners of this forum because it is running slow.I opened this thread up some time ago because I noticed the FORUM was running slow..never suggested that the owners of The MOC were responsible for that.. As far as content on the MOC forum the owners have unquestioned authority as we are guest on their forum that they provide to us for free... FORUMCO..VS owners of the MOC forum..Please explain the "demand " thing to me..I do not understand.