Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 12-10-2006, 12:06 PM   #21
AZCampinfool
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5430
Fassel, that goodness everyone was o.k. It is definitely time for a replacement truck and fiver. I have crawled through R.V.'s that have been in accidents and turned over. There is no way the aluminum frame is still straight and square. I also wouldn't be surprised if your plumbing pipes and hoses, w/h, holding tanks etc. are still intact with no leaks. Hopefully the Mustang owner has good insurance that wil cover the mess he created. Hug everyone you care about, the fact that you walked away is all that matters. Like others have said, everything else can be replaced.

AZCampinfool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 12:45 PM   #22
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
I agree with all the others, GREAT DRIVING on your part, hug those you love, and call you lawyer! Don't sign ANYTHING till you do! I would hold out for replacement, not sure I would feel comfy dragging a repaired unit down the road that had turned on the side. Good luck, and you just had a very very nice early Christmas present! NO one hurt!
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 02:36 PM   #23
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Sounds like it has all been said. Let me just add my concern and well wishes as you fix what is broken and heal from the emotional impact from this traumatic event.

stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 02:46 PM   #24
Mudchief
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4961
Sorry to hear about this, however the most important thing was no one got hurt. Hope everything going forward goes good with getting the unit fixed or replaced.
1200 watts of Solar
Mudchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 03:24 PM   #25
paulrem
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #299
Glad no one was injured, great early Christmas present. the good Lord was with you and protected you. Hope everything turns out for you. Hope everything is replaced to your satification and that you are back on the road soon.
paulrem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 03:37 PM   #26
snfexpress
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5140
fassel,

Thank God no one was hurt on your side! When I first read your account of what happened, I mistakenly thought it was a mustang horse. Where I am from, we have these types of accidents all the time and they are not pretty.

Since the cause of the accident was another driver, I agree with all the other posts regarding retaining a lawyer - pay him and he will get his fee back from the other person's insurance company. No way would I settle for anything less than new!
snfexpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 03:45 PM   #27
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
Thankfull no one was hurt! We also would hope you get a replacement Monty. I bet there is more damage than anyone can see. I would not settle for nothing less than a replacement coach.
Dustytuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 04:47 PM   #28
tbhd
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2221
Like everyone says the really important thing is no one was hurt. What a nightmare. Had the other driver been drinking? Good driving.
tbhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 04:57 PM   #29
mtnhntr
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6254
Wow! scarry accident I am glad that everyone is OK. If, as a result of this accident, your title for either the Monty or your TV gets stamped as a "salvage" insist on a new unit.
Ken
mtnhntr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 05:28 PM   #30
fulltimedreamer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #919
We're happy to hear that no one was injured. The material things can be replaced. We'll offer a special prayer of thanks on your behalf and I hope everything is taken care of to your satisfaction.
fulltimedreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 10:35 PM   #31
cmp-shooter
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3928
HOPE YOU ARE ALL OK!!
Get a Lawer and start picking out your NEW MONTANA

SEE IF YOU CAN BUY THE OLD ONE CHEAP AND USE IT FOR PARTS, tires and such.........
cmp-shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 03:23 AM   #32
Driftwoodgal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5446
Send a message via AIM to Driftwoodgal
So glad to hear that you walked away from this without being hurt. I would be worried that you might have some health problems down the line with your spine. I had a serious head on collision that I walked away from and thought I didn't have any injuries. Mine showed up in my neck six months later. I still have problems with my neck and back.

Depending on what limits the driver of the Mustang has on their policy, you might want to look at your own coverage as well. In Texas we have uninsure/underinsured motorists coverage on our policy. This is a seperate coverage that you buy up to the limits of your own liability limits.

The main thing is be sure you don't sign anything until you understand that you aren't releasing the other driver from additional liabilty. Here's hoping that the other driver has enough insurance coverage to cover all of your damage.

Colleen
Driftwoodgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 08:19 AM   #33
Bill Hill
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1344
My heart was in my throat when I read your post. This happened to Shari & I in '98, only I was at fault and there were no other vehicles involved. We landed upside down in our Dodge Dakota which had been pulling a 20' HiLo TT. We had only minor injuries; cuts and scrapes. I'm so relieved to hear that you are OK. Take everyone else's advice, hug everyone you love and don't settle for anything less than replacement of the rig. We'll all thank God that you're OK!
Bill Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 02:47 PM   #34
Okie Guy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6054
I am so glad to hear you are ok! I think about this every time I take out the Monty. My biggest fear is having a blow out and hurting someone else. It is too bad other drivers on the road don't thnink about this when they fly by our rigs.
Let us know what happens.
Prayers are going your way.
Phil
Okie Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 11:36 AM   #35
party of 5
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #1764
Thank goodness nobody was hurt. If you have your own coverage on your Monty. I would contact your insurance company handle it. Hopefully you have replacement coverage with your own carrier. If you do let them handle it and no need to get an attorney involved. That is why we all pay insurance.
party of 5 is offline   Reply With Quote