Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 06-03-2005, 02:34 PM   #1
illapah
Montana Master

M.O.C. #666
drip spouts

Am I the sole owner of BRITTLE drain spouts? Every one on my 03 2955 broke like glass when I tried to install the extended spouts I bought at Camping World. Luckily I had some replacements (short 2 that I will replace).
BTW, I like the looks of the extensions. Have to wait to see what effect they have on water.

illapah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 02:41 PM   #2
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
No you are not the only one. I broke two of them and now need to repair them. I am still waiting for CW to send me my second order of extensions. They sent one order and charged me for two. I am having quite a time with them getting the second order sent to me. I still added the clothes pin to the extension and the water still drips on the siding.
DHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 03:57 PM   #3
illapah
Montana Master

M.O.C. #666
still drips on siding? Looks like all I may have accomplished is spending money.... Getting rid of the brittle spouts may be worth something.

I also installed one of the yellow marine shields over my existing 30 amp plug. My left rear water drain system seems to like the exact placement for the plug to drip/run water onto. Was not a problem but I do like the screw-on feature and some semblance of water rejection.
illapah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 04:05 PM   #4
William H. Collier
Montana Master

M.O.C. #798
Ive had mine for a couple of months now and they work great, no problem putting them on either. They fit tight, just have to be careful and follow the instructions on the package. I did get them from CW however Iam not sure if they are the same as you guys have.
Bill
William H. Collier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 12:06 AM   #5
Bill and Ann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1493
I got the extensions from RV salvage and they work great. No problem putting them on after I removed the foam filler which I didn't need.
illapah: Are you sure you are level. They sure stick out far enough not to hit the side.
Bill and Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2005, 02:54 PM   #6
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
How well do the new drip spouts on the 2004 and 2005 Montanas as they come from the factory, as far as keeping water off the sides (i.e. no black streaks in that area)? When I asked about these at the service center they gave me the new spouts so I can replace the shorties on our 2003. Haven't installed them yet but plan to this week. I'm wondering how well they work.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2005, 04:14 PM   #7
Charlie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3029
Steve-
Mine work very well, the seem to be long enough for the water drip away from the side of the trailer, so far no black streaks.
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2005, 04:36 PM   #8
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Thanks, Charlie. It's on my list for this week to get up on the roof and install the new drip clips.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2005, 01:38 AM   #9
old turbo
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2486
I have not spent money on the clip on extenders. You would think the company that makes the original equipment would make longer spouts as original equipment. It would help if they change the makeup of the plastic so it will not become brittle. I made two extenders for the slide side of my 297rks. I made them out of black plastic water pipe some stuff I hade laying around the shop.I cut the pipe and made two sections about five inches long. I notched the top to fit the defector lip on the original drain spouts. I drilled holes through the plastic pipe and the drain spouts. I then used stainless steel self tapping scres to secure the pipe to the drain spouts. I hade to be really careful because those drain spouts are thin. I have made 3 trips with them on and the only thing that happned is that the wind changed thir direction a little but they still deflect the water away from the unit. Going to do the door side next.
old turbo is offline   Reply With Quote