Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 12-07-2004, 03:28 PM   #21
OntMont
Montana Master

M.O.C. #122
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by mazeeff

I spoke with both Keystone, as well as RCP (I think that was the name). RCP manufacturers the remote and wall unit.
How did you get in contact RCP (and is that the right name)? I have not seen their name anywhere, but if they can help fix this situation, I would like to talk to them, if only to find out how to go about wiring in a regular thermostat.

OntMont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 01:51 AM   #22
mazeeff
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2055
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by OntMont

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by mazeeff

I spoke with both Keystone, as well as RCP (I think that was the name). RCP manufacturers the remote and wall unit.
How did you get in contact RCP (and is that the right name)? I have not seen their name anywhere, but if they can help fix this situation, I would like to talk to them, if only to find out how to go about wiring in a regular thermostat.
The company is RVP, and their web site is;

http://www.rvcomfort.com/rvp/rvp.php

The remote control product is called RVComfortBeam. There was a write up on the product. Look familar?

http://www.motorhomemagazine.com/output.cfm?id=824149
mazeeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 01:55 AM   #23
mazeeff
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2055
I might also point out that the article refers to the RVComfortBeam working with Coleman units. Montana uses Duotherm! When I spoke to the tech at RVP, he was a bit shocked at first that this product was being used with a Duotherm unit! After the shock dissipated, he thought it should work fine. The call was not a confidence builder.
Old 12-08-2004, 06:13 AM   #24
Gypsy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #111
mazeeff,

Thanks for the URLs. I called the phone number on the RVP web site and got Virginia's voicemail. I've left a message for her to return my call. If you spoke with someone else, could you give me the person's name and number, please?

In the meantime, I called a local authorized dealer for Dometic products (my remote control has the name Dometic on the front - does yours also?). He said I'll have to bring my 5th wheel into the shop for service. And if they don't find anything wrong with the remote control I'll be charged $80/hour labor. I think I'll wait on that and see what I can do by phone.

Sharon
Gypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 06:37 AM   #25
mazeeff
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2055
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by GypsySCM

mazeeff,

Thanks for the URLs. I called the phone number on the RVP web site and got Virginia's voicemail. I've left a message for her to return my call. If you spoke with someone else, could you give me the person's name and number, please?

In the meantime, I called a local authorized dealer for Dometic products (my remote control has the name Dometic on the front - does yours also?). He said I'll have to bring my 5th wheel into the shop for service. And if they don't find anything wrong with the remote control I'll be charged $80/hour labor. I think I'll wait on that and see what I can do by phone.

Sharon
I don't recall the name at RVP, but it was a guy. My remote says Dometic as well, but they appear to be manufactured by RVP. Good luck. This is one of those great mysteries that will eventually be solved, and it will all make sense!!!!