Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 04-17-2013, 06:43 AM   #1
maximo
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11371
Building height

Without measuring the book says a Montana is 12 ft 9 in to the top of the AC. Is that the rear unit or the front unit? I have a barn with a gable height of 14 ft, think that will be ok? RV not here so can not measure it.

Frank

maximo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 07:16 AM   #2
bethandkevin
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12331
Mine measures 13'-4-1/2" at the front A/C. It is the highest point on mine w/G/614's and hooked to the truck. Allow a few inches for hitching/unhitching/
bethandkevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 07:36 AM   #3
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
Usually the measurement is for the front A/C unit since that would sit higher than the rear unit (at least on my 2006 rig, that is true). I don't have the front A/C unit and at last measurement I was about 12' 4" but I don't remember if I was hitched up and since I tow nose high by a little bit this would be a concern over a brochure. You might have to add an inch or two or more when towing and moving the rig into the barn, but if the opening is 14' high all the way across, you should be fine.

Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 09:07 AM   #4
maximo
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11371
The Good News. I went over to my daughters ranch and hooked up to the Big Sky and brought it back home. As I backed the trailer into the barn I had the wife watch both the rear and front AC units for clearance. She said both the AC units had about the same clearance, about a foot. Hitching and unhitching is not a problen as the trusses in the barn are about 17 feet high. Have enough roof clearance to wash the roof while the trailer is in the barn. Also have enough room to leave the slides out if we need room for someone to stay in it and still have room for our truck, tractor, Jeep and several utility trailers. Wife says it just right for me and the grandkids go out to and have snacks and watch TV. Will be moving the RV to the Jackson Rancheria next week for the MOC Rally. Love this retired life.

Frank
maximo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 12:23 PM   #5
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
You can't be the MOC and retired living. It doesn't get much better than that. Glad it fit for you.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 12:27 PM   #6
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
Congrats on the rig, the barn, and your retirement. We still have a stickhouse and the Monty sits on the driveway next to the house. We open ours for extra accomodations but we don't have the barn to help protect it from the elements. In your case, it sounds like your barn has way more room than my driveway and my garage has so much other stuff we've never parked vehicles in it!

Have fun at the Rally! Wait a minute, if you are in Ione and going to Jackson, then that's not a very long trip, right? LOL.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote