Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > Member News
Click Here to Login

Old 03-01-2012, 05:53 AM   #1
MIMF
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2827
Here we are!!

Down here in Destin, FL. Gail and I came down yesterday with her sister and brother-in-law to their house. Left the 5'er behind but, when we go back at the end of next week, might just hook it up and and head back. It is absolutely beautiful!! I will go over to Top Sail and check it out! So, if you have a Montana setting there over the next several days, you can expect to see my happy face knocking on your door!

MIMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 06:01 AM   #2
southern thunder
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12211
Destin is a very nice place. I can remember when it was just a sleepy little fishing village.
southern thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 10:29 AM   #3
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
We are a little more west of Destin, in a place called Gulf Shores! That is in Alabama! LOL Tenative departure date, March 20

After that?? Who knows??
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 02:04 PM   #4
cdaniels
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7380
We went to the gulf last year and loved it. Stayed at Top Sail. You won't be disappointed. The only negative is the price of gas is rediculous. 50 cents more a gallon than anywhere else in florida. If they want people to return to the area after the spill then don't stiff the gas prices.
cdaniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 02:13 PM   #5
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
We have always enjoyed Topsail, and rate it as our favorite park destination. The setting is ideal for a week or two of relaxation.
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 12:28 AM   #6
indy roadrunner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5634
Dale if you would have come down sooner we might have come over to visit. We are at Gulf Shores SP but headed back to Indy Sunday. When you go over to Topsail stop in at the Donut Hole just before you get to 30A and have a man size breakfast. Then tour Topsail be sure to take in the 100 section then turn right out of Topsail on 30A and go down to Water Color village and Seaside. Couple of nice scenic communities.
indy roadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 02:43 AM   #7
MIMF
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2827
Carol, I knew you guys were over there, somewhere. I have seen some of you earlier posts.

Bill, Right now gas prices don't seem to be too much different here than they did anywhere else on the way down. Noticed that it is about 3.77 to 3.80. Diesel is around 4.00 to 4.05.

Bingo, take good care of Cathy. Been thinking of you folks ever since I read the post yesterday on another thread.

Phill, I would have loved to come down sooner but, the house wasn't available at that point. Thanks for the recommendations over there at Top Sail. I'll ask the brother-in-law if he knows anything about what you are talking about. He is very knowledgeable about this area because, he and his family have come down here for vacations since the late 80's. Then, in about 2001, he bought this house on Miramar Beach. Very nice area!
MIMF is offline   Reply With Quote