Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 10-25-2010, 06:42 AM   #1
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
GRAPHICS WARRANTY DETAILS (Photo fixed)

Thanks to Dave Knapp, we now have documentation regarding the new warranty for the Graphics on the Montana's. The checklist is a Montana provided comparison shopping guide for other units. The three year warranty (parts & labor) is identified as being part of the Hickory Edition upgrade??
Page 1 of checklist:

It is hard to see (I apologize for the resolution, but the third item up from the bottom plainly states:

Easy Flow Graphics: Montana's smooth flowing graphic design is applied with state of the art adhesives and includes an exclusive 3 year warranty (Parts + Labor).

On edit: fixed the link that did not work!!

Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 07:03 AM   #2
FISCALMAN
Established Member

M.O.C. #7229
I HAVE NOTICED THE GRAPHICS CURLING ON A LOT OF MONTANAS, MINE WERE SO BAD I JUST TOOK THEM OFF
THE COUMPANY THAT MADE THEM HAS OFFERED TO SELL ME A NEW SET FOR A RERASONABLE PRICE BUT I AM
GETTING TO LIKE THE TRAILER WITHOUT THEM. IN FACT WHEN I ORDER A NEW TRAILER I DONT THINK I
WILL WANT GRAPHIS. THEY LOOK NICE BUT JUST ANOTHER THING TO CONTEND WITH.
FISCALMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 06:41 AM   #3
stevemc
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6587
Need to send that to Keystone Customer Service because I haven't been able to find anyone there that knows it.
stevemc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 06:53 AM   #4
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
I am assuming that it applies to the 2011 model year, but am seeking verification from Keystone-Montana on that. When I find out anything additional, I will make the MOC aware of it.
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
Old 11-01-2010, 05:40 PM   #5
clarkandsheila
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7994
My too are peeling off the frontand started the first year. I did wax the trailer before I found out I shouldn't have.
However, on my boat I have decals on my dinghy and they have been waxed many, many times and they are not peeling or even showing any sign of trouble.

I'm just going to let the Montana decal go and when bad enough I'll finish helping it.
clarkandsheila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 12:50 AM   #6
stevemc
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6587
I received a follow-up letter from Keystone Customer Service dated October 22, 2010. In responce to my questions and concerns about the graphics on 2011 models the written statement is:
"You expressed concern about the possibility of the peeling occurring with new graphics. Anything outside of the one year Keystone warranty may be submitted for review."
They told me point blank there is no extended warranty on graphics on new Montana models, regardless of model or option package. Based on what I've been told I have to assume that if I were to buy a new Montana the graphics will start peeling in two years and won't be covered by warranty.
stevemc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 05:26 AM   #7
drknapp
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9135
I placed a call to the Salesperson I dealt with when we purchased ours. He had checked into the graphics warranty for us when we inquired about the issues involved. That's when we were originally told about the three year warranty. I went through all of our documentation and couldn't find anything in writing, so I gave him a call. He spoke to their rep for Montana's about getting the warranty in writing (on top of the document I found above (Thanks to Bingo for finding a way to post it). As soon as I hear either way I'll let you guys know.
Old 11-02-2010, 08:14 AM   #8
Lee F.
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10754
The document is on the Montana web site here: http://www.keystone-montana.com/medi...30_Reasons.pdf

I printed a copy for my records just in case it should disappear.
Lee F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 09:09 AM   #9
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Like Dave (DrKnapp), I have requested written documentation of the warranty from a Keystone rep and permission to post it on the forum. Either way, as soon as I know something, the MOC forum will know it as well. The rep is the one during the purchase process who plainly stated to me what the "new" warranty terms were. I just want it documented as I am sure others do.
Bingo