Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 06-03-2010, 05:38 AM   #1
Willie P

M.O.C. #10465
2003 36' Big Sky

I just bought the trailer over a month ago and it came with a washer and dryer. I tried it for the first time over the weekend and it seemed not to drain correctly water was leaking out the bottom of the Artic package. Just wondering whats the best way to go about this remove the washer and dryer or try to remove the covering on the Artic Package?
I would appreciate any help.

Thanks Will

Willie P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 06:26 AM   #2
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
Will,
The earlier models drained into one of the gray tanks and a few were plummed into the black tank. So when running the washer you had to leave the grey appripriate tank open. So I would first check and see if one of those tanks are full. If they were the water would have over flowed from the washer discharge pipe and ran into that area.

If this is not the case they you need to find the leak.
Good luck and let us know what you find.
H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 08:00 PM   #3
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110

When we first got our camper we had water coming out from the belly pan on our first trip out. We first noticed it when we started to move the camper as we were leaving. What we were told was that if the grey tanks were full that the water may be coming from a connection above the tank level. I would think any connection should be water tight but there may be some kind of over flow or something, allowing it to spill underneath. I’m not saying there is because I don’t know for sure. I do know that water backed up on ours and spilled out into the underneath belly pan area. Since then I’ve learned not to allow them to get so full and I’ve never had any more trouble. I would think that all connections should be water tight but apparently somewhere it wasn’t or there may be some kind of over flow on the system. I really haven’t heard anything on this subject and I’m curious now as to whether or not there is an overflow on it. I don’t want to steal the thread but perhaps someone else could supply some information on this if they have any knowledge on it.

I think John is probably right in what has happened. Check the drain valves and see if they are closed on the grey tank.