Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 08-24-2009, 12:43 PM   #1
Gramps
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8903
Fixed the fireplace

I, like so many others, can't stand stuff that doesn't work and can't resist the urge to play with them. My fireplace finally aggrevated me to the point I couldn't take it any more. After pulling the top off, cleaning everything to within an inch of its' life, checking all the connections, and dry lubing all the bearings on the motor and fan, it surrendered and decided to work. Once again I have an alternate heat source that doesn't set on the counter or burn propane. I'm hoping it doesn't decide not to play fair again, forcing me to call the manufacture.

Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 02:06 AM   #2
bjj5633
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9546
Do the fireplaces put out enough heat to get the chill out? We have had our rig for just a few weeks,tough to tell when its 90 out.Glad to hear you fixed yours.
bjj5633 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 03:00 AM   #3
NCFischers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8728
Send a message via Yahoo to NCFischers
It will definately take the chill out. We used it last March when we camped at the beach and the temp went down to the high 30's at night. The fireplace and a small heater that we had to turn off because we were getting too hot was all we used. We had the thermostat set on the furnace but it never needed to come on.
NCFischers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 03:15 AM   #4
bjj5633
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9546
Nice thanks
bjj5633 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 03:29 AM   #5
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
Fortunately I have gotten to tear out fireplace apart several times. I have rebuilt the fan a few times and replaced it twice. Dimplex has been great. The first replacement fan/heating element unit they sent got damaged in shipping. The heating element part of the unit got squashed during shipping so they sent a whole new unit which left me with an extra fan. The replacement fans seem to have a much more powerful motor on them. The original fan would stop with just a small amount of dust on it. Even cleaning the the whole unit every two months you will find that it fills with dust pretty fast... Dave
Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote