Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 10-05-2008, 03:33 AM   #1
Wiarton William
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7790
M.O.C. ID Numerals

IF one wanted to place their MOC membership numbers on the unit.. WHERE would be a good place to put them..taking into consideration the speed at which you have to make an ID sometimes.......if there is a location please advise...... I have my numbers and thought I could make a plack for the back ladder or as a welcome sign at site......wont be drilling holes or painting on the trailer..

Wiarton William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 04:38 AM   #2
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Depending on the road we are on, we sometimes have trouble identifying the make of the RV coming at us, those interstates sometimes are seperated by a LOT of median!

So, unless those numbers are HUGE, in many cases they are not going to be read while tooling down the highways and byways, at least by Countryguy and his Mrs.

Have seen the numbers in the middle of the back, the nose cone up high in the middle and all over trucks and signs, very creative batch of folks here at the MOC.

Be sure to post a photo of your finished product!
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 05:11 AM   #3
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
We have ours on the back window. I so agree with Carol that it is hard enough to decide it is a Montana let alone read numbers. Not wanting to put stuff on Monty that would be hard to remove (unlike the decals), we put the numbers on the MOC bumper sticker and have one on the side window of truck and back window of Monty. So when we are stopped, we can be identified. Plus "Parrothead" is on the back window of the truck.
Happy trails................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 05:21 AM   #4
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
I had 3- sets of 4" MOC-420 graphics made up at a graphics shop.

1 set is centered on the back cap and 1 set is centered on the front cap just below the mountain graphic. The 3rd set is on my stock tailgate.

As you come up behind my truck or trailer they are clearly visible. The front cap graphic is visible when the trailer is on site but I doubt you can read it going down the hiway.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 05:41 AM   #5
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
You might look at what the Good Sam or Airstream clubs use for a standard.
bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote