Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 07-11-2008, 06:28 AM   #21
Kandharry
Established Member

M.O.C. #8304
Thanks for all the great ideas.
My dealer, Don's RV in Ceres, Ca, just called and said that he agreed with me that the drain pipe had no fall. He replumbed it
with a 2" drop. We'll see how that works and then progress thru your suggestions. I'll let you know how it goes.
Thanks again.

Kandharry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 02:48 PM   #22
rickety
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4855
Never had a problem with the 04 3280 and have never had a problem with the 07 3400. Love this rig very much. NO PROBLEMS (knock on wood)
YOu need to make sure you flush with plenty of water, and make sure the tanks are truly full or nearly so. The guages lie a lot, so you need to learn to go by the osund or as I have done drain every 3 days. Works great for us!
Good luck!!!
rickety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 09:01 AM   #23
Clyde n Deb
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3477
Harry:

I have an '05 2955. Have fought this issue since new myself. The galley drains slow, but it does drain. Black tank drains with plenty of force, but I have a different issue. I can flush the black tank until I'm blue in the face. When I get home, I park the Monty in front of my house which is on an incline uphill. I put the curbside wheels on the sidewalk. If I hook up the flusher and drain into my now designated "black bucket", I can flush out a considerable amount of waste yet that I have to cart into the house and flush down the toilet. I asked the dealer more than a couple of times, and even posted it on this forum a couple of times, but have had nothing new in advice other than the usual fixes. So, I live with it and always flush this way just for peace of mind. I was going to buy
a macerator (sp.?) but my run from the RV to the toilet in the house is quite a bit further than their rated length.
Clyde n Deb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 08:55 AM   #24
PowellsMonty
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1967
My galley tank just started to drain slow. Was great 2 months ago, the last time we used it. Vent on the roof & whatelse should I look for?
TIA
PowellsMonty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 10:26 AM   #25
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
In addition to the roof vent, there are 2-in vents inside the coach with spring loaded diaphrams that open allowing air in when you pull the dump valve. Basically the opening of the dump roughly equals the inlet of both the roof and interior vent so it works passively.

Each model is different. My Gally vent is under the center island counter, accessible from in inspection plate at the end of the counter by the hot water tank. I also have one for the black tank under the bathroom sink and one for the gray tank under the tub enclosure behind the inspection plate. They look like 2-in vertical stubs that go nowhere, and have a screwed on diaphram valve at the top.
bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote