Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 08-09-2008, 04:10 AM   #1
lightningjack11
Montana Master

M.O.C. #59
USAA Membership

Starting today United Services Automoblile Assoc (USAA) is opening membership to new levels.

All military retirees,officer and enlisted, are now elgible join.

All non-military retirees that left the service after 1996 are elgible.

Widows of elgible military people are also elgible.

I have been a member for 48 years.

Cost to join is free so call 18005318722 to check on the new requirements. This does not mean you have to buy anything but once you get a number you can enter USAA.COM to see what they have to offer.

The services include Auto, RV, Home, Trailer, banking, brokerage, etc

They are a good source of Auto Loans. Not sure about RV.

Right now this is word of mouth only and and will become advertised later.

Please pass the word. It is a great company

(Shucks My RV in insured, Sorry about the statement above)

lightningjack11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 04:46 AM   #2
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
We have been members for almost 30 years and it is a very customer oriented organization. They offer a full range of financial products, including financial management, banking, credit services, you name it, they have it. We have had auto and homeowners insurance for many years thru them. PLUS, my youngest son works for them, It's gotta be great!!!!
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 05:22 AM   #3
lightningjack11
Montana Master

M.O.C. #59
Oh, Dependents are usually enrolled automatically. Both my kids are members.
Old 08-09-2008, 05:28 AM   #4
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Darn! By the time I was finished it took two sets of volley ball in the Olympics.

Thanks for the information - I and my wife are now signed up. She's a veteran also.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 06:14 AM   #5
lightningjack11
Montana Master

M.O.C. #59
Go sign in on the web site. They offer low rate loans and high CD rates. You can even rollover your 401K.

The first car I insured with them was a 56 Corvette in 1959. Those were good ole days.
Old 08-09-2008, 06:38 AM   #6
scattershot
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5329
Been a member for 40 years, and I have never dealt with a finer organization. If you have the opportunity, jump on it!
scattershot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 09:23 AM   #7
TLightning
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7871
We've been members for over 40 years...kids and in-law kids, too. Always near the top in Consumer Reports ratings on insurance companys.
TLightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 10:41 AM   #8
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Sorry to say I can't be a member of USAA! Sounds like a great deal! I was only in during the Nam offensive and did not retire from the Service! I did retire from the USPS but that does not count! Guess I'll have to keep paying the high prices and not get those great rates on insurance, CD' and etc!
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 10:48 AM   #9
lightningjack11
Montana Master

M.O.C. #59
Call them Rondo. Ask about Vietnam WarVeterans. Worth a shot.
Old 08-09-2008, 03:39 PM   #10
bdarr4014
Established Member

M.O.C. #6483
I worked in HR for USAA for 14 years and retired in 2000. My daughter currently works for the USAA Bank. Of course I'm very predjuiced, but I highly recommend the Company. We still conduct all our banking and have all our insurance and investments with them. A couple of years ago we had an encounter with a low limb and had to get a new roof on the RV--only had to pay the deductible to get it fixed. We now live in Granbury TX which is about 3 hours from San Antonio. They sent out an adjuster from Fort Worth within a couple of days and very quickly settled the claim. Plus, the customer service is outstanding!
bdarr4014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 07:07 AM   #11
Joe-n-Doe
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7870
I became an associated member thru my Dad age 16 (a long-long-very long time ago) and became a full member over 30 years ago. My three children are also associate members. I consider USAA to be one of the best companies and banks I have ever done business with. In all the years we have done business with them there have only been 2 occasions where a Customer Rep acted less professional than I thought they should have.

In 1992 I accepted a position in Japan and shifted all my banking needs to USAA. They still remain my primary bank. I have a business account with a local bank, but that is just to minimize commingling personal and business income. Even though USAA is not a "Local" bank, I have never had a local store refuse to accept or even question any check I have written.

This past week I filed a claim with them regarding repair of the two sheet metal side panels on the slides over the wheels of our Monty. They were damaged while extending the slides and the hit a pole and BBQ. The appraiser looked at the damage, took some photos, accepted the bid (less our deductible) I had received from a local RV repairman, and electronically transferred payment into our bank account the same day. No muss....no fuss!

Joe-n-Doe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 08:01 AM   #12
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
Thanks Tom,
I was able to join today. I have been trying for about 30 years.
Cheers,
H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 08:10 AM   #13
lightningjack11
Montana Master

M.O.C. #59
Ok John, Good deal. I think you will like them. They have a lot to offer on the web including Market tools for investment. Please pass the word.

When I first signed up in 59 there were two things a young AF officer would do. Join USAA and start banking at Kelly Bank or Ft Sam. I used Kelly. Down through the years the bank has been taken over several times but retained the Military Banking at Kelly. Now it is Wels Fargo Military. I have been with them over 40 years. The difference is when I call them they don't treat me as a valued customer. They don't care about the loyalty I have given them so just about any bank can beat them. But with USAA everytime I get on the phone with them they treat me like their one an only customer.

In addition, each year I get a rebate from insurance usually about 150 dollars. Also they keep a subscriber savings for you that you can draw 10 percent a year on after you go over 40 years. I just use it to pay down premiums.