Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 02-24-2008, 03:07 PM   #1
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
What is your most memorable thread, funniest??

I was chatting with a MOC friend tonight, and we got into a serious case of "do you remember that thread, it was SOOOOOOOOOO funny". We got wondering, what is YOUR funniest, or most memorable thread?

One of my nominations is the louvered tail gate thread,found here:

http://montanaadministrator.forumco.com/
topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=25739&whichpage=1

Another one I remember, but is probably archived, was when I asked about cleaning off the Southern Bugs that stained Tana's front all red. I believe it was Judy Denner that wrote a fabulously funny response, wish I had kept the URL for that one, anyone still know where that is stored??

It has been a LONG winter for most MOC members, many of us have escaped to southern Texas, Arizona, Florida, but many of you have had to put up with storm after storm, cold, brutal temps, nasty, nasty, nasty,

SOOOOOO, lets light up a bit here, and fight the cabin fever a bit:

WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE THREAD HERE AT MOC?????

Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 03:45 PM   #2
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Louvered tail gates is one.

Some of Wayne and Carolyn Mathews' posts. (Posts remind me to stay warm)

Some of Icehouse's posts (http://montanaadministrator.forumco.com/
topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=26798&SearchTerms=,) some serious, but some funny posts in this thread.

Jim (Ozz) has some rather good reading posts (sometimes!)

Y'all need to post more in the "Humor" thread. Everyone likes a good joke.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 11:50 PM   #3
syplace
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1666
I still laugh (when I take a shower) at the lady who didn't like showering because squirrels & birds could see in through the skylight!
syplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 12:42 AM   #4
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Only the old timers will remember a number of years ago there was a thread started that had us "continue the story". Someone would post something to the order of "On our last night of an MOC rally Lorraine and I were awaken from a sound sleep by a strange noise outside the trailer. Thinking it may be a burglar I grabbed my flashlight and baseball bat and went outside to investigate. Imagine my surprise when I saw........."

Now if you think the louvered tail gate thread is big it is nothing compared to that continue the story thread. This thread had a life of it's own. It grew and grew and grew to the point that it had to be deleted as it was taking up far to much space. Maybe one of our older members remembers the actual numbers of replies this thing got. I do recall it being in the hundreds. We won't even try to remember the number of reads it had.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 01:50 AM   #5
rlwhit
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3189
There was a good one about hidy holes and thinges.
rlwhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 06:32 AM   #6
Imp
Montana Master

M.O.C. #956
The hidy holes and pointy things... was a good thread. Also the confession threads about your most embarassing goof ups!! It was mainly funny, because you weren't the only one anymore. You could laugh at yourself.
Imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 11:47 AM   #7
RC and Samantha
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2
Send a message via AIM to RC and Samantha Send a message via Yahoo to RC and Samantha
What a great and fun topic. I do hope more people join in.

The Never Ending Story started by my dear sister Sue was one I really enjoyed.

I loved the one mentioned prior by Glenn that my sister started too, called "The Person Below Me." That one just ended up missing and I don't think anyone ever did come up with an explanation as to where it went.

Then there was this one Ask Vicki about being "In the Closet" which was a gas too.

Oh yea and the one about Vicki dropping Steve's laptop on the floor, it was so funny and great but this thread Explains what happened to that one.

So seems like two of my favorite threads just ended up lost in cyber space. Does anyone else remember them?

There is another one I am still searching for, don't know if I'll find it or not.

So come on everyone jump on in here and contribute to lightening up this "Cabin Fever" so many of us up here in the north are feeling. My goodness it's been a very long winter and I'm not sure it's even close to being over yet.

Patty
RC and Samantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 11:55 AM   #8
RC and Samantha
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2
Send a message via AIM to RC and Samantha Send a message via Yahoo to RC and Samantha
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by syplace

I still laugh (when I take a shower) at the lady who didn't like showering because squirrels & birds could see in through the skylight!
John and Marianne, me too, me too!
RC and Samantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 12:22 PM   #9
TheCoachPotatoes
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3847
"The never ending story" and "the person below me" they were the best!! I also enjoy Icehouse's descriptions of things. Through hard times, it's nice when someone has a sense of humor. Also, enjoy the bantering that goes back and forth between some members. Also, Mrs. Countryguy's description of technical stuff (thingy's)!
TheCoachPotatoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 12:40 PM   #10
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Al and Nita,

How could we ever forget Icehouse's classic:

Here's what I have learned - and I'm naming names

at: http://www.montanaowners.com/forums/...ad.php?t=26798

Oh, my, that was a great thread!!

FULL of THINGYS! Chainsaws, even some dynamite! SNICKER!!
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 12:40 PM   #11
prariepoodle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #450
Send a message via Yahoo to prariepoodle
There has been many for me but the one about the Jenny Stick comes to mind and the newest one about Snooty Snicklebutt Was a good one. I also remember the ones mentioned above and had a lot of fun with them.
prariepoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 12:41 PM   #12
TheCoachPotatoes
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3847
Here is the last "never ending story that I remember" About a year ago.

http://montanaadministrator.forumco.com/
topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=20907&SearchTerms=,
never,ending,story
TheCoachPotatoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 01:23 PM   #13
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
I agree with Patty, the stories were great and Vicki's closet story! The pointy thingy was my question and I still don't think it is for rings! But all were fun.
Happy trails.......................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 12:36 AM   #14
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Thank you Patty,
"The never ending story" was the one I was trying to describe and I totally forgot "the person below me" which was also a lot of fun.

BTW- Just where is sister Sue? She was here for a post6 or 2 and disappeared again.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 12:54 AM   #15
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
I loved all of the above and don't forget to add the Denner's "Trip to Alaska". Many of us felt like we were right there with them.. In face, we were so jelous that we just had to do the same thing the next year.
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 03:46 PM   #16
Okie Guy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6054
Vickie had one about what our MOC Name Stands for about a year or two ago. The other was the never ending story.
Okie Guy is offline   Reply With Quote