Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 05-13-2007, 03:38 PM   #1
sedwheathome
Established Member

M.O.C. #6730
2nd Trip in the Monty

Our second trip was great with the Monty. We spent 3 nights in a local state park. We had hot water everywhere in the unit, after the lines where corrected by the dealer. Got to test out the AC unit, it was about 85+ both Friday & Saturday. Everything seems to work great on the unit. I did have a couple of small issues. The first being the water line going into the toilet. The part at the top, that goes into the bowl. That little devil blew out Saturday evening for some reason. I had a pressure regulator on the hose going into the city water connection. But, after looking at it, no wonder it come out. After a few grumblings, I put in back in, works fine, didn't come out again. Nothing holds this little hose in place. It just pushes into place. I'll fix that one next weekend!
The next issue is something I have not seen since I have been camping in my life. We pull up to the dump station. I hook up, let go. The dog gone thing was stopped up. No, not the Monty, the campgrounds dump station. Blew my mind. Good thing, they had 3 dump stations, Bad thing was, I had to wait in line again. But, great weekend camping in the Monty. Looking forward to taking her to Topsail next month.

Thank You
sedwheathome
Berea, KY

sedwheathome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 04:57 PM   #2
txkrumm
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5920
Sounds like a great trip! Here's hoping you many, many more to come in your Montana. Enjoy every day...
t
txkrumm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 02:27 AM   #3
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Definitely a good start! Once you get all the bugs worked out it should be smooth sailing to Topsail. Have a wonderful time. That's a great campground.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 02:35 AM   #4
Mudchief
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4961
That is a great start. Hope you have many great times in it.
1200 watts of Solar
Mudchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 03:53 AM   #5
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
You are starting out good . The bugs are showing up early and close to home so you should be able to work them out without too much inconvenience. Our 3400 was 1 year old the 8th of May and we feel have the majority of the "little things' and "isolated incidents" worked out.Was not to bad, only maybe 50 or so "bugs" Get as many of those short trips in as you can.They are great for troubleshooting. Happy camping.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 06:08 AM   #6
BirdingRVer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5740
sedwheathome,

On the bright side, we all experience a few little items that aren't quite right and you are getting your out of the way early.

Enjoy that new Monty!

Grant
BirdingRVer is offline   Reply With Quote