Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 10-19-2006, 03:39 AM   #41
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by indy roadrunner

Well Glenn, it is like I said previously, if I didn't have this brand new unit sitting beside the house and I was shopping, that 3485 would be right at the top of the list. The counter thing is my DW thing but if there are other features that are more important such as the bath layout I think it is a give and take issue.
I think the 3485 is going to be a big seller for Keystone in the future.
You can park yours by mine any day. Congrats on your selection.
Dave are you really going to retire the "old lady". That thing should go to a museum some where.
Didn't know you had an extra site next to your Monty by your house. Maybe we'll stop by on our way tho Goshen next year.

Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 11:19 AM   #42
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
When we saw the 3485 and found out that it would be replacing the 3475 we thought it was a big mistake. That is just our opinion as full timers. We could not live in any RV that didn't have storage in the kitchen and that is where we felt the space for the new bathroom came from. In Glenn's case, he is the first one to tell you that they do not cook at home but the reason we chose the 3475 was because of all the storage space in the kitchen. I love the way Montana(Keystone) tries to have a model for every lifestyle. They put a lot of work and planning in the 3485 and I am delighted that so many loved it but for us, we would not buy it. It was our understanding that the 3475 floor plan will be used in another unit in the future.

adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 01:40 PM   #43
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
You heard it hear first folks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glenn is actually going to be crossing over the Mighty Mississippi River and venture into the WEST! =) All kidding aside, I look forward to seeing you and Lorraine in Redmond, OR. I am hoping to be attending, but will be staying at Crown Villa Rv Resort again in Bend. That is my favorite RV Park out there right now. =)
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 02:54 PM   #44
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Now just a dern minute. We crossed the Mighty One this fall and last fall. So it was only by a few miles but we put Missouri, Arkansas and Louisiana on our map.
See ya in Redmond.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 07:49 AM   #45
Sunshine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2018
Don't want to hijack this thread, but maybe the MOC members who are going to be in Redmond in July should plan a get together. We've made our reservations for Redmond but have no idea where they will park us. And just so this isn't a complete off the topic reply - congratulations Glenn and Lorraine, on being one of the first to get the new model.
Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 09:16 AM   #46
jpkelpe
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2780
i liked the fact there was not a recessed step inside the coach. Our other 5er did not have that and it took me a while to get used to the "step", however it does make the rise on the steps a little more--I think 2 inches and i guess if you had bad hips or knees that may bother. another thing I did not like was the Bathroom door opened agains the toilet but maybe they fixed that and made it open the other way. I agree with Carol though and I like to have the potty separate from the sink and shower. I do agree it was a little short on cupboard space for a bigger RV. The living area of this plan was really nice and the storage behind the flat screen is handy.
jpkelpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 01:37 PM   #47
CanDo
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2106
Montana Sky, just wanted to let you know that Crown Villa RV Resort is, in fact, being sold and turned into a housing development sometime next year. We are going to become fulltimers next June and will be leaving Virginia behind permanently as we travel across the country to visit family we haven't seen in 12 years! My husband's youngest brother lives in Bend and we remembered that Parrothead had stayed at Crown Villa and LOVED it. So we contacted them directly; their response follows:
To: Chris and Dave Olmstead
Sent: Sunday, October 15, 2006 8:10:10 PM
Subject: Re: RESERVATIONS SEPT 2007

Thank you for your interest in Crown Villa RV Resort. The rumor is true, the property has been sold to a developer and he does intent to build homes on the property. However, there is a chance that the RV Resort will be open next summer. We cannot take reservations at this time, however, we suggest that you either call or e-mail after the first of the year to see what plans the new owner has. There is a KOA in Sisters and Scandia RV Park in Bend, but, of course, they are not as nice as Crown Villa!!!

Thanks again for your interest in Crown Villa RV Resort, have a great day, and safe travels.

Marlene
Crown Villa RV Resort
---------------
So we are tentatively planning to stay at Tumalo State Park, just outside of Bend, if Crown Villa is, in fact, closed by the time we get there. If you hear anything different, please let us know! Good luck, Chris and Dave
CanDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 04:47 PM   #48
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
They can't tear up the Crown Villa - what a shame! Dave call that guy and tell him he had a great thing and not to change it.
Happy trails......................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote