Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 09-20-2006, 07:52 AM   #21
Wifeofdano
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5664
We still have plenty of room to use that space, mainly for keeping the trash bags in and misc outdoor stuff. (I call it the "garage") It sure makes it easier to take it out when the can's on the floor. And I'm all about easy. Now that we've had the 3000RK for so long, I can't imagine having the trash "inside"!

Wifeofdano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 09:46 AM   #22
Buffpilot
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5227
Well this topic started as a response to Bob and Barb's inquiry, but looks like there are a lot of us 3000 owners who have good things to share. Enjoy
Buffpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 10:39 AM   #23
rrheik
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6292
Thanks again everyone...Just signed the papers yesterday and will take delivery next Friday, before the 1200 mile trek home. Like the trash can idea, I have a couple of the spring loaded cans which I also bought at WalMart in the RV section. Hope to see yu all on the road.
barb and bob
rrheik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 01:53 AM   #24
bobgay
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5072
We are at the Fall MOC Rally in Goshen, IN, and yesterday I went to the local Wally Superstore to get one of those trash cans, but no one there knew what I was talking about. Guess I'll try another one down the road.
Bob
bobgay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 02:21 AM   #25
Wannabe Full-timer
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6190
I have seen the collapsible leaf/trash containers in the garden dept. at Target. I would check both the RV (I would have never thought to check there myself) and garden dept. of stores like them, like Walmart and perhaps Meijers (if you have one nearby). It may be more difficult to find one in the garden dept. this time of year since they are already putting out Christmas items in the stores (yes, Christmas! ) and the garden items are dwindling down. Hope you find one.
Wannabe Full-timer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 03:34 PM   #26
bogusrose
Established Member

M.O.C. #4646
We have been fulltiming in our Monty for almost a year now. But have yet to tow it. I love this model expecially the kitchen area since I enjoy cooking. One concern when we hit the road is that with the slides closed we cannot reach the refrig. What do most of you do when staying just overnight at a Walmart or similar?
Thanks for your help!
bogusrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 07:01 AM   #27
bobgay
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5072
You either climb over the counter or open the main slide at least part of the way. What makes this more trouble is that you can't budge the main slide until the bedroom slide has been fully extended. There is an option available that will permit you to close off the hydraulics to the bedroom slide so that the main slide can be operated by itself. We didn't get this option, and our dealer wanted $1,000 to install one for us.
Bob
Old 09-25-2006, 12:21 PM   #28
Wifeofdano
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5664
Bob, We do have that option, but up to this point, I'm getting pretty good at climbing over the table. LOL We have taken out 1 of the recliners & have a couple of bar stools now, so I put 1 of the table chairs straped down over w/the recliner & stools when we travel. It works pretty good and I can get over the table easier w/one chair gone.

We have had ours up in the driveway so we can run the AC this summer and we have come to the conclusion this last weekend, that the Monty has become "part" of our brick house. We go out thru the garage and go right on into the Monty like it was just another room in the house! And the way the floor plan is in the 3000RK, we have decided to call it our "Master Suite" !!
Old 09-25-2006, 01:29 PM   #29
Buffpilot
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5227
Hello All,

Marcia saw one of the garbage/leaf cans at Burlington Coat Factory so that might be an option. We have travel with a small DC powered Frig in the truck for quick lunches, dinners are at the closest accessible fast food place. Take care
Buffpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 02:34 AM   #30
bobgay
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5072
Buffpilot, thanks for the tip. We'll check next time we see a Burlington Coat Factory.
Lisa, we're getting pretty good at climbing over also. It really hasn't been that big a hassle for us. By lunch time we're usually ready for a break, so we open the slides and have plenty of room to stretch out.
Bob
Old 09-28-2006, 08:31 AM   #31
Wifeofdano
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5664
Just realized from looking at LonnieB's awesome pictures of the mountains on their trip, that the newer 2006 3000RK model has the awning moved down so it covers the huge window. It makes it look really different. Hmmm, don't know if I'd like that or not, we love the view out that window.
Old 09-28-2006, 10:13 AM   #32
LonnieB
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6150
Send a message via MSN to LonnieB
Yes, it does obstruct the view if you are wanting to look up, but I like the shade over that window. When the sunlight comes through it makes everything too bright for me to see much of anything, including the view I'm missing by haveing the awning out. LOL, my DW is always on me about haveing things too dark, she likes the light alot more than I do. We agree on one thing though, we both love our trailer, even more after the trip we just came back from.
LonnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 01:16 PM   #33
Polaris Family
Established Member

M.O.C. #1655
We have a VERY similar floorplan in our 327RKS Montana travel trailer. Our kitchen, dining area, and living room are pratically identical. The bathroom in ours is a room unto itself with a door to the living room and another to the bedroom. The bedroom is turned 90 degrees to yours; the head of the bed it at the very front of the camper and we have the extra door outside from the bedroom.

I, too, enjoy cooking and have not seen any kitchen in any model from any manufacturer with a price tag less than 6 digits that can compare!!! I have prepared everything from ribs to crepes and anything in between. In fact, I've been told I've got a more complete kitchen in our Montana than most folks stick homes.

Some folks may say they've had problem with item "bouncing" out of the cabinet with a rear kitchen. I haven't had anything move from it's original spot I love it! Hope you have as much enjoyment with yours as we do!
Polaris Family is offline   Reply With Quote