Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 02-04-2007, 03:01 AM   #1
2-in-the-woods
Established Member

M.O.C. #5739
black tank flush line

Hi. Anyone out there know where I can find a schemetic of water lines on the web? I have a 3500rl and I think my black water flush line is not running to where it really should. It is under warranty until July but I won't be back to my dealer until April. Any help would be appriciated. Thanks, John

2-in-the-woods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 03:37 AM   #2
Gonfishin
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3604
John, as far as I know there are no schematics on the web or available to owners. When hooked up and running you should be able to hear the water spraying into the black tank. With some digging you might be able to trace it on your own from the wall down to the underbelly.
Rick
Gonfishin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 03:40 AM   #3
nailbender
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5811
You won't find a schematic for water or waste, I guess we are not suppose to know how things are done
Can you elaborate on what the problem is or what is not working.
nailbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 08:12 AM   #4
Cat320
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5751
You'll find the schematic for the water and waste with those for the 12v, 110AC and propane lines...no where we can have access to them.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 04:48 PM   #5
patodonn
Montana Master

M.O.C. #331
You said " is not running to where it really should". So, where is it running to (that it shouldn't)? When hooked up, can you hear it spraying inside a tank? Do you think it is hooked up to the wrong tank? Not hooked up at all?

Need more info with the problem specifics. There are a couple of things to check, but need more info to begin. I'n sure someone here can help out...
patodonn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 05:25 PM   #6
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
There is, in the pile of documentation that you got with your unit, if you got any documentation,a manual that describes the operation of the black tank flush..I recall seeing a diagram..
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 08:07 PM   #7
RVWheels
Moderator Emeritus

M.O.C. #29
2-in-the-woods,
There are no schematics.

Any dealer should be able to perform the necessary correction. If you get any problem from a dealer call Keystone. They should point you to someone close to you that can and will correct the situation.

Definitely do it while still under warranty.

Good luck and keep us informed.

Thanks,

RVWheels

RVWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 02:25 AM   #8
2-in-the-woods
Established Member

M.O.C. #5739
Thanks all for your inputs. I took the panels off and the line runs from the hose hookup across the width of the belly and up thru the floor behind the shower and leaks water big time. Why it dos'nt go into black tank,,,I don't know.
2-in-the-woods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 03:20 AM   #9
Illini Trekker
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2733
There is a valve up there called a back flush valve that could be your problem?? It is there to prevent siphoning the black tank water back through your lines. Sounds like the water is just being diverted out the valve. If you can get in there to see if this is your link someone will be along with more expertise on this.
Illini Trekker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 04:39 AM   #10
patodonn
Montana Master

M.O.C. #331
Is it the shower that is leaking, or the black tank flush system? I'm suspecting the shower.

There is a an "anti-back flow" valve in the system. In our rig, it is under the bathroom sink. Hooked into the line, white, about the size of a very small lemon, flat part on the top, shaped like a thick little cookie. That failed in our rig, and, when it did, stopped the flow of the flush system water into the black tank. I was able to remove the valve, hook the lines back together, and continued on. That fixed the system. I used a cheap plastic "anti-siphon" valve on the end of my "black tank" connector hose for a few months as a replacement. Eventually wrote to the black tank flush vendor and got a free replacement valve, re-installed it, and has worked fine ever since.

All that being said, I would highly recommend that you get your rig in for warranty repair soonest, and get that leak fixed as well. In the interim, see if you can find that valve (probably under the sink), remove it, hook the system back up and see if that was the problem..
patodonn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 06:45 AM   #11
Illini Trekker
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2733
PJ I'm not an authority on back flush valve I think I remember another member where the valve was along side the shower pipe? Water of any kind is very harmful to a trailer and needs to be managed!SeeYa
Illini Trekker is offline   Reply With Quote