Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 12-29-2023, 09:11 AM   #1
tcampanaro

M.O.C. #20965
Paint Color

Does anyone happen to know the color codes for the brown on the cap of a Montana 3711FL? I have some sun damage on the cap I want to fix. I looked for paint codes on the RV with no luck and also asked Keystone Owner Relations. They told me "We would not have paint codes to provide as the majority of our items come painted from the vendor. We would advise contacting your local Keystone authorized dealership or body shop to ensure you are receiving the correct color and application." That would mean an appointment just to get a color scan. I'm trying to avoid that so I can paint it myself.
Attached Images

tcampanaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2023, 09:28 AM   #2
Mikendebbie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21044
What year is your Montana?

Use the google search box top right of this page. I just tried "paint colors" and lots of previous threads come up...some of them look to have some paint charts included in the thread. Also try "paint codes" and see what you get.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2023-12-29_10-26-02.png
Views:	18
Size:	299.1 KB
ID:	16180  
Aussie Gus + Texas Heeler Jimmy
Mikendebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2023, 10:12 AM   #3
tcampanaro

M.O.C. #20965
Thanks, I did a pretty extensive search of the forums and didn't find anything before posting. I also searched, as many recommended, my RV top to bottom to see if there was a sticker somewhere but found nothing.
tcampanaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2023, 12:54 PM   #4
432bartman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26190
That is so sad that Keystone can't provide basic information like this. I feel your pain.
2019 Keystone Montana 3560RL, 2020 Chevy 2500 HD, Firestone airbags, Air Lift wireless compressor, Curt gooseneck, 20K Reese Goosebox, TST-507, USMC combat vet & retired LEO. Robert, Anika, Breanna, Dylan (daughter-in-law Stephanie). & our Great Pyrenees Layla
432bartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2023, 01:17 PM   #5
Daryles
Montana Master

M.O.C. #24086
Found these
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Paint codes 2019 Montana.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	140.0 KB
ID:	16194   Click image for larger version

Name:	Paint codes 2020 Montana.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	290.8 KB
ID:	16195   Click image for larger version

Name:	Paint codes 2018 Montana.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	88.3 KB
ID:	16196  
Daryles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2023, 01:20 PM   #6
newowneroldmontana
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19318
I've seen ads on TV for places where you can take a picture of an item, bring it into the paint store, and they'll use their computer to figure out the formula and match the color for you. (Lowe's? Sherwin Williams?)

Maybe you could take a picture and have a sample made, making sure they write down the formula for you, then try it out on a small section of your Montana to see if the color matches. If it does, then there you go. If it doesn't, then you could try again, tweaking the formula until it matches. Then you'd have the formula for that color of paint, if not the name. (Assuming the formula would transfer from house paint to vehicle paint.)
newowneroldmontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2023, 01:22 PM   #7
newowneroldmontana
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19318
Quote:
Originally Posted by newowneroldmontana View Post
I've seen ads on TV for places where you can take a picture of an item, bring it into the paint store, and they'll use their computer to figure out the formula and match the color for you. (Lowe's? Sherwin Williams?)

Maybe you could take a picture and have a sample made, making sure they write down the formula for you, then try it out on a small section of your Montana to see if the color matches. If it does, then there you go. If it doesn't, then you could try again, tweaking the formula until it matches. Then you'd have the formula for that color of paint, if not the name. (Assuming the formula would transfer from house paint to vehicle paint.)
Oh--never mind. I see the names of the colors have just been posted!
newowneroldmontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2024, 01:59 PM   #8
glendodom
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #22698
Paint Colors

I took my 2019 3721RL by an automotive paint store and they did a color match for me and it matched out great.
glendodom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2024, 11:27 AM   #9
Bruce in DFW
Established Member

M.O.C. #28272
Try the paint codes provided before paint matching...

A couple of years ago, I went to an automotive specialty paint shop and had them do paint color matching for my 2017 Montana. The resulting colors were definitely not a 100% match - and thus any touchups stand out. The paint I purchased also dried out - in sealed containers - within a year.
Bruce in DFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2024, 02:45 PM   #10
tcampanaro

M.O.C. #20965
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcampanaro View Post
Does anyone happen to know the color codes for the brown on the cap of a Montana 3711FL? I have some sun damage on the cap I want to fix. I looked for paint codes on the RV with no luck and also asked Keystone Owner Relations. They told me "We would not have paint codes to provide as the majority of our items come painted from the vendor. We would advise contacting your local Keystone authorized dealership or body shop to ensure you are receiving the correct color and application." That would mean an appointment just to get a color scan. I'm trying to avoid that so I can paint it myself.
Just realized I never put the year. It's a 2015.

Tags
paint match