Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 05-30-2005, 11:31 AM   #1
RMccord
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3727
Saw several Montanas

We saw several Montanas and a Mountaineer 5th wheel at our location but none were MOC members. I gave several cards about the group. Maybe we will see a couple here soon.
Interestingly there are 4 Montana's at our storage area.

Had good shake down cruise. Everything preformed as advertised. The dealer or factory left the Galley drain open so when I went to put on the drain hose and removed the plug out comes clear water. Took me a minute to figure out the problem. By that time the galley tank was drained. Then went to the dump station as my drain hose was too short needed 25-30' due to location and it was closed with some unknown to me problem. I posted about that earlier.

Other than that all was fine.
I did notice that the TV signal would come in and go out and determined that the connector in the entertainment center where they have the loop from one terminal to another to let satalitte signals come in and go around the booster were loose. They cut the whole too much to one side and in doing so stressed the connections too much. I think I will replace it with a new one and maybe even put new connectors on the ends incase the stress has made them weak.
Frig cools very quickly.
Overall good time.

What do you use to remove minor stains from the factory carpet. We noticed several small stains that were there probably due to traffic when people walked thru before purchase. I could have dealer fix as I already mentioned them but why haul it 100 miles. Has any one used the Bissel stain remover wet vac? If so how did it do?

These are minor stains and should be very easy to remove. In fact they are not even that obvious but would be nice to get them removed.

RMccord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 11:39 AM   #2
Wordsmith
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3215
Glad that overall your trip went well! We went up to Commerce, Georgia today to the outlet malls—in our neck of the woods it has been raining since yesterday afternoon, so it is just as well that we did not go camping—and saw a Montana and a Mountaineer there. The road was absolutely gutted with RVs today!
Wordsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 11:49 AM   #3
vickster
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1165
Glad your weekend went well for you.
Hubby returned today from Mississippi River fishing trip. On return trip home said he spotted several Montana's on the move in western Wisconsin. Guess Monty's can be found everywhere!!!!
To clean up spots/stains on our carpet we use spray Resolve. Found that it works good for us.
vickster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 11:57 AM   #4
Charlie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3029
Glad your shake down cruise went well. We had a couple of significant problems that we had to correct while underway otherwise it was a very enjoyable first trip, especially all the room the Monty affords.
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 12:11 PM   #5
Northstar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1757
Glad your first trip went well. Keep us posted. We are really enjoying our Monty.
Northstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 03:48 AM   #6
jpkelpe
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2780
we were camped next to a Montana this last weekend at our state Park. He is a full time contractor that travels all over the country doing carpentry work. He is woeking on a WalMart right now. Did not know about the forum, but am not too sure he will join. he did look at my drawer in the kitchen and helped fis it--the back supports has come "unstapled". A L bracket solved the problem. the interesting thing is that he bought his Monty at the same dealer we did in Abilene, KS. Small world.
jpkelpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 05:16 AM   #7
Sunshine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2018
Glad the first trip went well. The sewer hose length is a common "problem" - seems every place you hook up the distance is different - I think we have 3 different lengths already. We stayed home this weekend - weather in this neck of the woods was very stormy and wet, so we watched it rain.
Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 08:46 AM   #8
rlwhit
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3189
Try Spot Shot on those stains. Comes in a blue can orange top. We used to use it in the airplanes. Works great.
rlwhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 06:19 PM   #9
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Paul and Jan, we bought our first Montana from Four Seasons RV at Abilene. Good dealer. We'd have bought our current Montana there, too, except Kerry, then the sales manager, was not willing to negotiate so we went to Kansas City and bought from Naylor's RV. Otherwise we thought Four Seasons was an excellent dealer, including the service department.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote