Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-07-2023, 12:12 PM   #1
Clark Jacobson

M.O.C. #32069
Cold Weather Setup for Travel

I've been looking through the forums for information regarding the use of the RV's during cold weather/winter. I see a lot of discussion regarding cold weather storage, on setup at the site. My question is how do you set up your RV for "down the road" travel?

During winter storage, there are a number of procedures, with variations for taste and location. Site setup has a generalized set of procedures which we use while in place at a particular site.

But what is needed to assure you get to the site in winter with the trailer "initialized" for travel and occupation and be assured all will work?

We just returned from a trip where our average travel day was approx. 10 hours and up to 490 miles. I know most will say that is way too long and way too far. But we had places to go and people to see. We had approx 1600 miles to go.

What "winterization" should be done for such travel?

1. Water hose and hydrant heat taped. Or temp connections removed at night.
2. Sewer line same as above?
3. Leave some water in fresh water tank to allow usage down the road? Toilet?
4. Leave tank heaters on?
5. Do you add "pink stuff" to any of the lines?
6. Do you drain water heater?

I'm sure I'm mission a number of things. I'm interested in comments you may have. Thanks to all.
Clark Jacobson is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
winter travel