Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 08-30-2014, 02:03 PM   #21
Preston & Terri
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #14645
Purchasing a 2014 Mountaineer 375FLF and want to install the hardwired power protector. Just not sure where the best place to mount it. Is there room in the cabinet under the desk? that's where the breaker panel is located.

Retired FULLTIMERS that Travel & Work -- 2020 3931FB Legacy Edition -- OEM Sailun S637T's -- 2017 F350 DRW, 4.10 axle, 6.7L -- PullRite OE Puck Super-5th 25K hitch -- Dish Network w/ Winegard G2 automatic portable antenna -- 50A Surge Guard portable -- WiFi Ranger Elite -- Blue Streak -- YourBestAddress.com -- RVSA Certified Technician -- The UnBeetable Experience
Preston & Terri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 04:35 PM   #22
Charli
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #14048
In our Mountaineer I removed the interior rear wall panel in the basement, door side. In our unit this is directly behind/below the stairs going up to the bathroom/bedroom. There is a heavy electric cable coming up from under the trailer and looks like it runs back toward the fuse panel which in our unit is located right beside the stairs. I have to crawl in to look at this a little closer before I do the install but I believe this is the main line coming from the 50Amp plug at the back of the trailer. I plan on cutting the cable just behind this panel and installing the PI EMS. I'll run the remote monitor through the grates on the stair risers and mount it there. That way I will be able to easily read it from inside. I'll try to remember to take pictures and post them when I'm done.
Charli is offline   Reply With Quote