Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 02-09-2008, 03:58 AM   #1
PackersBackers
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #8100
Entertainment center in new 3400RL UPDATED

We will be ordering an anniversary edition 3400RL later this month. We like to watch the evening news at dinner time. We know that the new LCD TV's pull out on a bracket and rotate but can anyone tell us if it will rotate so that it can be viewed from the dinette area?? Kind of a trivial question, but important to us, however, if it does not rotate that direction, will not choose a different model because of it. Really like the floor plan of the 3400RL and apparently, since it is the top seller, many others do as well. Thanks in advance for your input.
We only need one answer... anyone please??! All 2008 editions have the same TV and I know there are some 2008 owners out there who can answer our question. The 2007's may also have the flat panel TV. If so, weigh in please. Mucho gracias.

PackersBackers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 08:06 AM   #2
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Judy,

For lack of a factual answer from anybody yet, I have to say that I believe I can see mine from the far corner chair and our TV does not tilt (early 27" flatscreen model). Last time I had it out I swear I was watching the news from there. With the tilt, I'm almost positive you will be able to see.

bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 08:26 AM   #3
PackersBackers
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #8100
Brad & Dory:
Thank you... Thank you... Thank you!! I was beginning to think that no one knew or cared. :-)
PackersBackers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 10:39 AM   #4
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
I don't know if there are differences between the 340 RLQ and the 3400 RL, but we can definitely turn the TV enough to see it from the dining table.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 12:05 PM   #5
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
We have a 3400RL built in May 2007, and sold as an new '08 (go figure). DW says she cannot see the TV from the kitchen. We can definitely see it from the dinning area, and all other parts of the LR. It is a flat screen and does not swivel. Pulling it out requires pulling out the VCR storage and pulling up on the retaining clip. Adding a pullout with swivel would not be a step for a stepper that is handy with tools.

Edited: p.s., prefer not to have it seen from kitchen. Saves the food from being burned!

Actually DW is a gourmet cook and watches the food channel faithfully!
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 01:54 PM   #6
jjackflash
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7787
We have the 2008 3400RL and you can see our HD 32"flatscreen without swiveling it but if need to,no problem! Release two front clips pull the tv out a few inches and swivel it,nice view from the dinning room table.Here's a couple of pics. Swiveled and view from the dinning table.Dog kennels are sitting on the desk at left of tv.
Jack

jjackflash is offline   Reply With Quote