Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 11-26-2005, 09:02 AM   #1
Hemlockusa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4766
SOUTH TEXAS CG'S - RESORTS

I SURE WOULD APPRECIATE SOME RECOMMENDATIONS AND SUGGESTIONS ON CAMP GROUNDS OR RV RESORTS IN THE SOUTH TEXAS AREA.

KANSAS WEATHER WILL SOON CHANGE TO THE NASTIES AND I WOULD LIKE TO TRY THIS SNOW BIRDING FOR JUST A FEW WEEKS SOME WHERE HALF WAY WARM SOUTH TEXAS SEEMED LIKE A GOOD BET.

I HAVE READ SOME ADVERTISEMENTS ON WILDER "TEXAS" RV RESORTS LOOKS LIKE THEY OWN OR OPERATE ABOUT SEVEN IN SOUTH TEXAS. ANY INFO WOULD BE APPRECIATED.

THANK YOU JOHN AND CHRISTA HOGAN (AKA HEMLOCKUSA)

Hemlockusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2005, 09:36 AM   #2
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
John and Christa, we are looking forward to our first visit to south Texas for our winter relocation. We are staying at Victoria Palms RV Park because of it's reputation and because we don't know anything about the Rio Grande Valley. We will use this visit to explore other parks for future reference. Under the Regional CampingRio Grande Valley topic there is a list of folks we are or will be in the Valley this winter along with their respective parks. You might start by checking out those parks since they are "proven" parks. There is a large group going to Bentsen Palm RV Park but, at last report, it is full. Wherever you stay, be sure to keep in touch via the above mentioned thread as there are activities planned for MOCers. I know others will be along to make recommendations. Hope to see you in the Valley.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2005, 10:04 AM   #3
Les and Julie
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1057
Hi John & Christa-Just sent you an e-mail. We stayed at Llano Grande in Mercedes and really enjoyed it. Has every amenity you could possible want or need. Several other MOC members winter in that area so I am sure they will be along with their recommendations also. Wherever you decide to go -- enjoy. Julie
Les and Julie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2005, 04:01 PM   #4
OntMont
Montana Master

M.O.C. #122
You would be pretty safe with either Victoria Palms or Llano Grande. I believe they have common ownership. They are both big parks with all the amenities.

You could also go to www.rgvparks.com and request the map that they offer free. In a few days, you will get a map in the mail, plus a deluge of brochures from various RGV parks.

There will be a lot of MOC people in the valley, we will be at Bentsen Palm Village. Go to the Forum Section on "Camping Clubs within the MOC" and find the one on the Rio Grande Valley. There is more information there.
OntMont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005, 04:52 AM   #5
Bill and Ann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1493
Right now there are a lot of vacancies in the parks here in the Valley. A safe bet for the first stay would be Victoria Palms. There is also a park in Pharr called Tropic Star which is part of a large string of parks. Get onto the internet and just start looking as most have web-sites.
Bill and Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005, 07:44 AM   #6
syplace
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1666
If you like smaller towns try Del Rio, TX. About 46,000 and plenty to do. We love the Lonesome Dove RV Ranch about 4 miles from town, about 50 large spacious pull thrus and a real community feeling. A plus is price: $225 mo plus elec. Also, no problem w/washing truck & rig in park.
syplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 12:41 PM   #7
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Judy, that's the Bentsen Palm Village RV Park a bunch of us will be at. I believe it's booked up, last I heard. There also is a Bentsen Palm RV Park, so I understand, which is why I mentioned this.

This will be our first time in the valley also.

HelockUSA, I see you live in Tecumseh. We lived in Topeka for many years, until we sold the house and started fulltiming. One of my sisters lives your direction, with a Berryton address. We're in Independence, MO, until 1/2 when we'll head to south Texas. Sure wish we could convince one of the kids to move south or southwest...
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 02:14 PM   #8
trukdoc
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2220
Send a message via MSN to trukdoc
If you are wanting to go to the coast. We like to go to Galveston Island at Dellanara RV park at the edge of the Seawall. Minutes from town with all its attractions. If a quieter setting is what you are after there is Crystal Canal in Crystal Beach. What I like about this one is fishing in the intercoastal canal from the back of the coach.
trukdoc is offline   Reply With Quote