Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 12-02-2010, 07:26 AM   #1
randye
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7139
Dimplex Fireplace

Hello All A couple of days ago, DW and I were sitting watching TV, early morning. We had the fireplace on and heard a hisssss and the lights when out. I have had it out once before a couple of years ago to add fireplace sheetrock back board between top to absorb the heat the wood takes on. Anyway once I got the unit out, I took off the top and right away I saw were the power had been connected was burnt. I called dimplex to ask if I just reconnected the wires with butt connectors would that be alright and the Tech said that would work since their connector is just that. He still wanted to send me a new one free so I accepted, meanwhile I reconnected the wires and it works great. Just wanted to let all know how good it was to have a company still stand behind their product. Thanks

randye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 07:46 AM   #2
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
There have been a number of posts on here about that same problem. Seems to be a weak point in the Dimplex fireplaces. Or maybe the connections are just not tightened down properly.
BB_TX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 02:34 PM   #3
Snowbirds
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #2082
I guess it would behoove me to check those connections. How does the unit come out so I could get to the connections? Thanks.
Snowbirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 02:48 PM   #4
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
This is what mine looked like

H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 02:03 AM   #5
randye
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7139
BB TX First pull loose the furniture plugs, four of them. It then takes a square tip bit. unscrew the four screws. Pull off the face cover and the glass. On the sides there are two screws left and right unscrew those. Thier is a small clip that holds the inner glass I take that off so it won't fall out and break, its an option doesn't have to be done. Unit should be loose pull it out of cabinet.Reach in and unplug the power cord. Take the top screws out at least eight of them I think. Faceing the back of of the fireplace on the left you will see the power cord connection this it it. As the picture above goes to Red and Blue wires. I connected those with Butt connectors.The Tech said that the vabrations of traveling down the Road seems to loosen these adn they finally short out.
randye is offline   Reply With Quote