Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 11-21-2005, 03:15 AM   #1
Bill Frisbee
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4493
Some new (to me) info on Tacoma Tires

As part of the on-going discussion re RV tires, I today contacted Cooper Tires who confirmed they they USED to manufacture Tacoma RV Tires but no longer do so. They suggested that I contact Parrish Tire Company (for whom they used to make Tacomas). Parrish Tire said that Tacomas are no longer manufactured by anyone and are no longer available for sale/purchase. This explains why Tacomas are no longer being installed on some new Montys and raises the interesting question: Why, if Tacomas were indeed a quality product sold at a fair price, they are no longer being made/sold???? My phone calls to Cooper and Parrish did nothing to alleviate my concerns re Tacomas ... and clearly indicate that those of us who do have Tacomas on our Monty will need to find another manufacturer at some point in the future. My quest for an option in which I have greater confidence continues.

Bill

Bill Frisbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 04:29 AM   #2
Illini Trekker
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2733
Thanks Bill for the leg work. Now it looks like we will on have a warrenty for the tires, is that what your getting from talking with the tire dealers? I will let Montana off the hook, they would't do any ajustments to the tires anyway. It's back to the poor comsumer to eat an other bitter pill!
Illini Trekker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 04:43 AM   #3
Bill Frisbee
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4493
My very strong suspicion is that you will look for a very long time and without success for anyone (Cooper, Parrish, or Keystone) who will stand behind Tacoma Tires in the event of a problem. Even though there are those who argue that the tires they produce are no better than Tacomas, at least I know where to find companies like Goodyear and Michelin if I need to do so.

Bill
Bill Frisbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 12:28 PM   #4
joe2speed
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1268
I have Tacoma tires on my Monty. Have finished three summers with these tires. They are holding up and show no wear. Maybe I'm lucky. If I get a couple more summers out of them I'll be happy.
joe2speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 07:00 AM   #5
Northstar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1757
So far with about 14K on my Tacoma tires no problems. I'm knocking on wood when I make that statement. Merry Christmas.
Northstar is offline   Reply With Quote