Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 02-17-2020, 06:48 AM   #21
Jeff n Susan
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #25636
I like that idea! I will have to look for one to install. Are you aware of any RV after market manufacturer that would have one specifically for RV's?

Jeff n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 08:58 AM   #22
paulinbaja
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #14041
Use a "captive air tank" to reduce cycling. You can make one or buy one, they work the same. Put it ANYWHERE in the cold water plumbing that it will fit.
paulinbaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 09:02 AM   #23
paulinbaja
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #14041
I have RVd for 40 years and never had a water pump fail. I have carried a spare but doubt it still works, I'm sure the diaphragm is rotted. I'll get it out and check it. Maybe rebuild it so it will be taking up storage space for the next forty years.
paulinbaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 09:45 AM   #24
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred715 View Post
Had this same problem several years ago. The fresh water tank fills up even though lever is turned as to not fill tank. Took it too dealership at the time and they could not find the problem. Several people on the forum said it could be the stock water pump. Bought a new Shur-Flo pump and stopped the problem. This winter as I drained the system the fresh water tank continued to drain for about 1/2 hour, so I know the tank is filling up again after being hooked up to city water. Don't care to be hauling several hundred pounds of extra weight when I don't need the water. Are the check valves in the pump not doing their or what?

The check valve will also allow water pump to back up and then run again and again to keep the pressure up. You will think you have a leak and you do it’s the check valve.
Lynwood
mlh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 10:40 AM   #25
Renegade1LI
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #22165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Myers View Post
I like that idea! I will have to look for one to install. Are you aware of any RV after market manufacturer that would have one specifically for RV's?
Home Depot, Amazon, about 40$ for a 2 gal tank, just tee it in after the water pump.
Renegade1LI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 02:48 PM   #26
Renegade1LI
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #22165
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh View Post
The check valve will also allow water pump to back up and then run again and again to keep the pressure up. You will think you have a leak and you do it’s the check valve.
Lynwood
Im sure its worth replacing, cant see anything being high quality from the factory.
Renegade1LI is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
backup water pump