Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 01-30-2014, 01:50 PM   #21
JandC
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13272
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by PackerFan

Congrats on picking up your new rig. Here are a couple more tips for you to check out:

1) Remember to verify where the washer drains into.

2) Check the door side slide when it is IN to make sure it doesn't rub the kitchen island. Ours does a little and it made a mark on the trim of the slide.

Hope everything else is good!
Scott
Thanks Scott, now I know why you and others have said you really like this model. The washer drains into grey and the door slide kind of freaked me out because the bottom went in and actually under the island, but it really isn't touching it. I didn't print any of the lists, I just went through them and checked everything I thought was important. So far I probably have 2 hours in actual inspection. Nothing really major yet, like loose bolts or hidden defects. Did find out the tech only put 85 pounds of air in my new G-614 tires. He said you just didn't need 110 pounds because the trailer wasn't that heavy. I didn't discuss it with him I just got my compressor out later and put them back to where I run them. They got the Travler switched out for Direct TV and everything there works good. Tech from carpenter shop is coming to campground in morning to fix front closet door. If he takes longer than 2 hours, or doesn't show up first thing in the morning as promised, then we are out of here. I can handle that repair and it would probably last longer. The leather guy actually did his magic on the damaged recliner and you can't even tell there was damage to it. All systems seem to be in good shape, tanks will hold max limits (with no leaks). Thanks to everyone for hints and suggestions on what to check. We are ready to hook up and "let the big dog eat".

Old 01-30-2014, 02:30 PM   #22
PackerFan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1081
Glad you guys are happy with the new rig and that everything is going good for you. Wishing you many happy adventures with it!
PackerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 04:46 AM   #23
Captain Joe
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10764
Sounds like you had a very good PDI. Congrats and enjoy your new rig.
Captain Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 08:17 AM   #24
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
That is a good start. Don't forget to drain those tanks before you get on the road. Do a walk around inspection every time you make a stop. Check all your wall panels for popping away from the wall particularly the ones in the front and over the axles.
Also after a few days of the fridghe running check the freezer for ice build up. The Norcolds are notorious for that. Norcold has a fix for that. It does not work but they have a fix.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote