Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 10-21-2013, 04:43 PM   #1
mamestra
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12359
Where do I go from here?

I’ve certain reached the end of my rope as far as getting an answer from Keystone. I’ve been polite, no yelling screaming or sarcasm, tried phone calls, emails, have a file going but I cannot get a simple answer to a question. My question will you pay to have the staples fixed in my front entertainment center. Let me give you a little history. We first started noticing that we had a problem with our 5th wheel (2012 Montana 3750 FL) in December of 2012, we had cracks in our front slides and the staples were coming out of the entertainment center we happened to be in the Phoenix area so took it back to the dealership where we purchased it, but understandable they noted the damage but because we were travelling they couldn’t deal with it. Took it to a local Montana dealership in Burlington Washington and it was determined that I had frame flex and the trailer had to go to the Cougar plant in Oregon to be fixed. Keystone phoned me and asked me what had to be done, thought that, that was a bit strange as I’m not knowledgeable enough to tell them what was needed to be done, mentioned that and then told them what I thought again mentioned, should I really be doing this. Did however mention that the molding was coming off in the front and the staples were pulling out as well as the cracks etc. So we lost the use of our trailer from the end of April till early August. Before we picked up the trailer we asked the dealer to check to make sure everything was done, they told us that Keystone had not addressed any of the issues around the inside molding or staples, but Keystone had given them the OK to fix it. Sounded OK to us.
Picked up the trailer and made the mistake of not checking if anything was done, Arrived at the campsite and had issues with the slides, but that’s another story, when we looked at the entertainment center the staples and molding looked as if they had never been touched. The dealer states that they had repaired them and they came out again after the 40 mile trip to the campground. I phoned Keystone the next morning and sent pictures showing that the staples were still or were continuing to come out. Since then I have been asking Keystone if I can get this issue repaired as it has never been addressed, the dealer states that the flex problem is still there and will do more measurements in the mean time I can’t get an answer from Keystone about fixing the staples and molding. I keep asking about it and they will not give me an answer. I’m thinking that maybe I need to take it one step above the Customer service phone lines. Any suggestions?

mamestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 05:11 PM   #2
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
At this point, if it was me, I would ask to speak to a supervisor and mention the possibility of legal action. Then if still no action I would contact the Consumer Protection Division of your Province's Attorney's office, assuming you have such a thing (many of our states do). After that, if still no action, I would talk to a lawyer.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 07:44 PM   #3
Artemus Gordon
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12339
Most repairs done come with a 30 day warranty in most States. Miles do not count, it's time. The repair facility is liable and legally responsible. That's where you take legal action if needed. They made repairs and must stand by them. It matters little who paid the bill. By the way always ask for a manager at Keystone. It just saves time!
Artemus Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 05:06 AM   #4
Hooker
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7915
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by mamestra

...I’m thinking that maybe I need to take it one step above the Customer service phone lines...
Your last sentence says it all. I would not suggest legal action at this time. Elevate your problems up the Keystone chain of command, when you exhaust all the options with the entire chain of command them maybe legal action, but only as a last resort. Once you start legal action you can forget any assistance from Keystone...it'll be "us vs them."
Hooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 05:37 PM   #5
mamestra
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12359
Phone Keystone again today and finally was told yes I can get it fixed, very glad that they came through. We are going to be on the road for 6 months so I wanted this repaired so we didn't have any problems.
mamestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 06:15 AM   #6
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
Maybe they do visit this forum and got the hint. Good luck that it stays fixed and then happy trails.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote