Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > Member News
Click Here to Login

Old 10-03-2011, 08:10 AM   #1
Gramps
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8903
All good things come to an end

It's been a little over a year since I was laid off. I have a new job, but the pay is nowhere near what I made before. Leslie and I have managed to put things back together financially, for the most part, but regrettably hard choices had to be made. We had to return our beloved Montana to the bank and by now I'm sure she has gone to auction. Maybe somewhere down the road we'll be able to try again, but for now we will remember our time as RVr's, fondly remembering the places we've been and the people we've met along the way. Many of you were inspirations to us, providing us with a wealth of knowledge and experience.

I can't thank you enough for your support and friendship through the good times and the bad.
For now, we wish each of you happy camping and may your journeys be safe and free of incident.

Always your friends,
Dave and Leslie Hanna

Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 08:26 AM   #2
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110

Sorry to hear that you had to let the Montana go but a person has to use a little wisdom in everything and sometimes it may not go the same way that we would like for it to go. Please feel free to hang around the forum anyway, you may still be able to give some pointers from time to time. The experience and things you’ve learned may be very valuable to someone else.

Old 10-03-2011, 10:13 AM   #3
CamillaMichael
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10246
Sorry to hear of your hardship...hopefully you will be able to get your lives back on track and soon be able to reenter the RV life. Until then, best wishes.
CamillaMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 10:24 AM   #4
TheCoachPotatoes
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3847
So sorry to hear this. Very sad what is going on in this country. I worked for a municipality and retired 2 years ago. Now they are laying people off, something that has never happened there. There was always so much job security working for local government, but this has now changed. People are really suffering in this country, and I feel so bad for them. Glad you were at least able to put your finances back in order. It sounds like this will just be a bump in the road and hopefully, you will some day be able to resume RVing. Keep the faith!
TheCoachPotatoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 11:04 AM   #5
HOOK
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11401
May our Father meet your needs and cause the road to come to you with His best favor. Larry
HOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 11:05 AM   #6
luvmywestie
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #11479
I am so sorry you had to let go of your Montana. I'm sure that is only a part of all the suffering you have endured. Our country is certainly having hard times. One of our adult sons is going through a very hard time and is coming to live in our home for a while so he can get things worked out. Fortunately he does not have a family to support or his situation would likely be even more difficult than it is. I know it is really emotionally hard on him to do this, and we are not so thrilled about it, but in these times we all have to help each other out. Our house will be empty for several months, so it only makes sense for him to stay here and get back on his feet.

It's wonderful that you have gotten employment and getting financially set again and we hope you are RVing again soon.
luvmywestie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 01:38 PM   #7
gr8330
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #11715
As Al and Nita said this is just a bump in the road and you will stronger for it. Please stay positive and you will be rewarded.
gr8330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 03:28 PM   #8
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7445
Dave and Leslie, we're so sorry to hear that you had to let the Monty go, but as others have said, look upon this as just a bump in the road with happier times ahead. We enjoyed meeting you guys and sharing a bit of Yellowstone Park time with you! Keep your heads up and look upon this time as a challenge that you guys are meeting and handling at this time in your lives. Hard choices, I know, but you are on the right track and will no doubt be breathing easier in the future.

Carolyn and Wayne
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 04:26 PM   #9
CORattler
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10496
Dave and Leslie,
I understand your pain. I have been unemployed now for over 6 months and sold my Harley to pay the taxes I will have to pay in April because I tapped my 401k. Being unemployed has had a bright side for Betty and I. We have spent more time together and have learned to enjoy the simple (inexpensive/free)things in life.
I'm glad to hear that you found work. Even though the salary is less than before, you will begin to rebuild.
We wish you the very best for your future. Remember, as long as you have each other, you have everything.
CORattler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 11:19 AM   #10
cdaniels
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7380
So sad to hear about your loss. If you have your health and each other these things are priceless. You will rebound and if Rv'n is what you enjoy you will return. I admire your sacrifies. Some of our youth could sure learn a lesson from you. Hope things improve and you are back on the road again. Stay in touch and let us know how you are.
cdaniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 04:29 AM   #11
Gramps
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8903
Thanks to all of you for your support and words of encouragement. They mean more than you know.

For now we plan on taking a step back and start where we began. We still have much of our camping gear, tables, lanterns, dishes, ect., so we're on the hunt for a good tent. We use camp grounds most of the time anyway, so we've decided to continue, just using a different form of portable abode than we have for the last nine years. It's amazing what little things you will do to keep some degree of normalcy in your life. For now, every time we see a Montana on the road, we wonder if it's one of our MOC family members and where they've been or are going.

Carolyn and Wayne, we miss you guys. I saw you finally sold your home and were out and about in Texas. Good Luck and good fortune in your travels, and maybe we'll meet again somewhere down the road.

Dave and Leslie
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote