Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 05-09-2004, 07:39 PM   #1
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
RV License Endorsement

Well on Friday I went to DMV California and started my Jurney. it went like this.
At 1050 my number was called to the counter and I proceeded to tell the clerk I wanted to take the test for a class C Noncommercial Endorsement with the written test. she did not know what it was, she called a smarter person and she got part of it right untill they tried to charge me $20.00 for the test, I had to show her there was no charge unless my licence was to expire in the next 6 months, then I was told to go to window 1 for the test that lady did not know what to do either she gave me the exam for a class A noncommercial I passed that but then she wanted my doctors info and when my last examination was with my doctor, I filled out that info and told her that I was given the wrong exam I took one for an A Class not a C class, she looked on the computer and could not find any info on it so of corse I was wrong and she was right, so I was told to set an appointment to take the driving test, I keep telling her and showing the DMV paperwork NO driving test required, again I was wrong, so I said how long is my driving permit for my class A non com---- license, was told 1 year so if I get stopped ina period of a year I will have a learners permit to drive untill I get this mess up fixed. I then went to CHP and asked for help on this problem they sent me to a dept called moter carriers the first person did not know what a 5th wheel trailer was, was passed to another he looked up every thing related to the DMV CVC code and are as follows Section 12804.9 B3 Fii . I was then told to go to their web site and print the pages so now I have to go back to DMV and show them where they went wrong I hope.
In conclusion I do believe that it is more work that will get a person no where in the quest to opey the law in driving a 5th wheel trailer with an Endorsement. furthermore a CHP will not pull you over if you are driving safe. and without just reason.
I will try again in two weeks and see what happens,
I sure got no where after 3 hours ov running around.

TT 2

Don & Georgia
FORD F-350 Turbo Diesel
Banks Sys,Prodigy,
Pullin 2004 / 2980-RL

Edited by - Trailer Trash 2 on 05/10/2004 01:41:43 AM