Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 08-06-2010, 12:16 AM   #1
Sheepdog
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10354
USA Travel Map

how can I get the USA state map added to my signature? I'm not too computer literate so please keep it simple.
Thanks,
Chuck

Sheepdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 05:17 AM   #2
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
try this site I think this is what you are looking for.

http://www.epgsoft.com/VisitedStatesMap/

Old 08-06-2010, 09:38 AM   #3
Sheepdog
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10354
Thanks found the map. Now how do I get it into my signature?
Old 08-06-2010, 10:25 AM   #4
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
On the home page of the MOC I believe there are instructions on how to.
your will have to make a web place tag ( Photobucket os simular ) then put it in your sugnature in your profils. good luck.
Old 08-06-2010, 12:11 PM   #5
Sheepdog
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10354
I'll need step by step simple instructions please?
Old 08-06-2010, 01:10 PM   #6
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
Chuck this is where I say good by, there is no way that I could explane it easy and I dont type well either I sure somebody will come and rescue this mess I got into. I do know there is a mentor setion in the home page.
Old 08-06-2010, 02:55 PM   #7
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
O.K. I will take a shot at explaining how I would do it. I assume you have finished the process of building the States Visited map and have stored the resulting image as a .jpg on your computer.

Upload the Picture to Tinypic

The next step is to load the picture (let's say you named it states.visited.jpg) to a web site. I use Tinypic for my pictures, so that is what I will show you. Go to www.tinypic.com and you should see this screen (there is more, this is just a partial image).

Select "Browse" to the right of "File Name:" and locate the file you saved as states.visited.jpg. Double clicking on it will bring you back to the above screen with the fully qualified file name loaded. Now click on the "UPLOAD NOW!" button. You will be prompted to answer a "security question" (what characters are displayed?) and then your picture will be uploaded. Assuming the upload was successful (I am not going to try and cover what to do if it fails), you should see a screen like this:

You want to save (cut/paste) the data in the second box entitled "IMG Code for Forums & Message Boards". In this example the data is [IMG]http://i38.tinypic.com/14bi4n5.jpg[/IMG] Save the data in a file somewhere where you can find it later. I have a Word document in which I keep all of the Tinypic links with comments about what they are.

Update Your Profile

Next we will add the Tinypic link information to your MOC Profile so it will be displayed on each of your posts. In the upper right hand corner of every MOC page is a number of options, you want to click on the "Profile" one

Provide your User Name and current password and click on "Submit". Here is an example (my profile) of what you will be looking at:

What we want is the box labeled "Signature". Anything in this field is automatically added to every post you make. As you can see, I have some text about my truck and Montana along with a link to Tinypic for my current picture. Actually there is more there but this gives you an idea of what it looks like.

You can also add other text, pictures, or most anything you want. But let's start with your States Visited picture. You need to store that Tinypic link data you saved earlier in your "Signature" field. Cut/Paste it (you can type the whole string by hand, but if your typing skills are like mine, it will never be right) into the "Signature" field, then Click on the "Preview button. Hopefully an image of your States Visited will magically appear. Assuming it does, don't forget to click on the "Submit" button at the bottom of the page. This saves your updates for future use.

Hopefully this makes sense to you and results in a profile signature you like.

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 03:57 PM   #8
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
Thanks Carl I would never been able to do what, and how you explaned it in type. I know how to add the stuff by trial and error. It took me 4 tries to change my sig pictures and maps.
Old 08-07-2010, 04:03 AM   #9
Sheepdog
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10354
Thanks Carl, your instructions were perfect; and thanks trailer trash for your support and effort! hope the moderatorsmake this a "Sticky"
Old 08-08-2010, 01:33 AM   #10
rognperly
Established Member

M.O.C. #10558
Thanks Carl n Susan, your instructions were right on.
rognperly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 02:07 AM   #11
lfw
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8881
Ok.. this is a test to see if the map worked...
Thanks Carl n Susan... a great help..
lfw
lfw is offline   Reply With Quote