Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 08-09-2009, 09:51 AM   #1
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
Mission Ties......

Today while riding on the Pennyrile Parkway in Kentucky on our way to Elkhart Ind. A Duramax/Allison past us rolling very fast, we were doing 65 mph. I notice smoke comming from his two horse tandem trailer only on horse riding inside. I decided to catch him and try and get his attention. Mashed on the Mercedes Diesel, and was flashing head light. Well apparently he wasn't looking at his rear view mirror. He was in the hammer lane and I had to get up to 88 mph to pull along side him. We did get hime stopped and the on tire that was smoking was you guessed it (Mission tire). It was very hot to touch and it was almost ready to throw the cap off. He said he borrow the Trailer, I then I ask how have fast you been running he said about 75 mph. I ask how often you pull a trailer, answer this is the first time. We discussed the speed that is advised, I told no more than 65 mph. Oh well I guess he will make it back to were ever. This is our first extended pull with our Freightliner and thats the fasted I have ever pulled a 5th wheel. But it was kinda like a stroll in the park. I think speed was his factor, his wife really think us. GBY....

Delaine and Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 12:03 PM   #2
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Way to go!!!
I would have never caught him.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote