Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 12-29-2007, 02:28 AM   #1
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Trivia

I just wanted to go play trivia. The kind with a wireless device called a Playmaker, I believe. I know of only one place here on the Island, Tom and Jerry’s.
So, I walked in and took my place at the not-too-busy bar, sat up by the player TV, I needed the device, and could use a cold one. After un-successfully trying to catch the bartenders eye, he was storming around the bar area, bad mood, head hung low, so he would not be bothered by any pesky customers that may need service. I spoke with some patrons on either side of me, the couple on my left had Playmakers, must have snuck them from the back of the bar when ‘Mr. personality’ wasn’t looking…
He, (I found out later his name was ‘Bear’, as in I can’t bare to be around customers…) was well, to be kind…unkempt. Ball cap…they all wear ball caps when not showering for a few days, can’t see the slimy hair that way.. Beard, wrinkled clothes, kind of gives the shivers when you think about it. Anyway, the nice guy from Michigan sitting next to me had been to the bar before I guess, he was used to the customer neglect, went back to get his, and got me one.
I set my playmaker up with my screen name, wiped the grease off of it and was set to play.
I was glad to get it, but then there was the task of getting a drink. I didn’t see how the Michigan guy was able to get his drink, but I would pay attention to see what the secret was. The bear showed no sign of getting to me, I had shoved the leftovers from the last patron up to the far side of the bar, maybe he would look up and see that. Nope, I finally had to speak loudly, “Bartender, can I get a Miller lite?” He looked up, startled, and nodded, brought it over and set it down, scooped up the bar trash and walked away, guess he didn’t take food orders willingly. At that point, I would not have ordered any food, if the persons they put up front were the clean ones, I didn’t want to see the kitchen help.
The Trivia started, Michigan would ask his wife if it was #3 or whatever, at every question then repeat his choice out loud. I really wanted to play without any help, good or bad. There was another couple to the right of them, no Playmakers, just commenting on the questions, the man stated “I got the first three right!” I told him he should join the game and get a device.
He didn’t, just blurted out the answers. I finally logged off and finished my beer, would have really liked to play the game, but the trade off wasn’t worth it.

Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 03:45 AM   #2
1Happycamper
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6880
Well OZZ, some people just don't know when to be quiet. At least now you have more time to work on your monty. Merry Christmas & Happy New Year.

I always look forward to reading your posts. Bill
1Happycamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 05:01 AM   #3
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Thank you Bill, I enjoy writing about things. And fixing things.
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote