Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 11-06-2007, 11:53 AM   #1
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
Check this.............quite alarming!

http://www.thefacts.com/wire.lasso?r...V_VOTERS_PURGE

Dustytuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 12:10 PM   #2
Ozzie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1358
Send a message via MSN to Ozzie
Quote from article:

"Sue Bray, a spokeswoman for the Ventura, Calif.-based Good Sam Club, which calls itself the world's largest RV owners organization, said there needs to be some kind of a national registration policy on RVers.

"They definitely are picking on the wrong crowd," she said. "You can't find a more patriotic, involved kind of group."

Ozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 12:45 PM   #3
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
Last January the Department of Licensing suspended our drivers licenses while we were wintering in Arizona. We ignored the letter and thought that is was just a mistake and decided we would take care of it in July when we got back to Washington state.

We called the number on the letter to verify that it was a mistake and they at that time informed us that we did not posses drivers' licenses! You can imagine our dismay to know that we had been driving for several months illegally.

We explained that we originally used the mail drop box because mail had been stolen from our mailbox at our house, but that later after we decided that we would be fulltime residents of our motorhome, this would be our permanent address. The lady we talked to was real understanding and nice about our situation, and informed us that they had done the same thing to almost 60 other people at the same address.

We were able to get our existing licenses reinstated, but I am quite certain this problem is not totally resolved. BTW, We sent in our absentee ballots, yesterday.
simonsrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 12:50 PM   #4
levietta
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7537
Thank you. This was an interesting read. It does "get my dander" up to think that honest, hard-working, concientious, and mature Americans would have to give up their right to vote because they do not own a plot of ground somewhere. I wonder if you could claim residence in a cemetary if you pre-purchased?
levietta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 03:09 PM   #5
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
I was a paperboy at The Facts years ago as a boy. I graduated from Brazosport High School. So I wrote them a letter of appreciation for airing this issue about voting in Tennessee. It will be interesting to see if I get a response.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 03:28 PM   #6
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Here is the letter I sent. Mouch more could have been said:

As a former resident of Freeport, former Facts paperboy, and a graduate of Brazosport HS (1958), I am glad you have printed the issue of RVers disenfranchisement in the State of Tennessee simply because they are "Fulltimers". Most fulltimers are part of the over 65 crowd, retired and having the opportunity to traverse this wonderful nation to discover places, both of historical significance and for recreational enjoyment.

They have saved their money and invested wisely and should be able to enjoy the fruits of their labor without having their right to vote questioned. After spending a life time as a minister and holding a license as a Professional Counselor, it has been my observation that there are those who accuse others of motivations they themselves possess. Could that be the case with the election officials of Tennessee?

stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 03:57 PM   #7
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
Bravo Stiles!

Keep us posted, please.
simonsrf is offline   Reply With Quote