Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 01-14-2007, 12:18 PM   #21
rickety
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4855
Right on Judy. I guess I fall in between COT and Fluffy. Life is to short to be so concentrated that you don't have time for the flowers and smells along life's highway. If I am really interested in something, then I will start serious research, but never to the point where it consumes me. I have always tried to leave a door open so that I can get outside myself and enjoy the things around me.

Too postive? Oh well, that's the way I have become after too many years of being too serious.

On edit and after re-thinking some of this, I am an abserver, outside sometimes looking and evaluating. I guess that comes from 30 some odd years of sales work and having to rely on "people" signals and not what comes out of their mouths.

rickety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 03:02 PM   #22
Longwell
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5192
Very thought-provoking and interesting.
Given your categories from which to choose, I guess I am a dual personality COT/CSI.
Since I'm gathering, and not generating, information I tend to read everything and comment on few things.
However, when I do know something or have a strong interest, I revert to CSI/COT and try to make my contribution substantive.
Or maybe I'm just a thinker and just think I'm a COT or CSI.
Could be I think I should be in a cot thinking instead of typing
I'm think that all this thinking may form a blood cot in my brain.
Thanks for providing me this opportunity to truly think, I think, but now I've COT to be going to watch CSI on television.
"I thought, therefore I was."
Larry
Longwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 01:07 PM   #23
vickir
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2215
Laugh (or sneer) if you will, but if it weren't for the "Fluffies" in the early days of the MOC, this forum would not be what we all profess to love.
vickir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 05:43 PM   #24
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Since Vicki brought up the "early days" I thought a little history might be interesting. And the rapid growth of this forum that has occurred in the past 2 years. So I did a little research and here it is:
Steve Reigle MOC # 20 Joined 10/6/02
Country Guy (Carol and Al) MOC # 191 Joined 3/2/03
Five Months and only 171 more joined.
Prariepoodle MOC # 450 Joined 8/13/03
Almost a year and not even close to 1,000.
Montana Sky (Dave) MOC #889 Joined 2/1/04
Judy MOC #1105 Joined 2/28/04
Me - Parrothead MOC #1989 Joined 8/21/04
Six Months and almost 1,000 more.
And today we are at 6,713 on 1/17/07
So we thank the Pioneers of this forum. It looks like it was a bit rough to get things going and we appreciate your hanging in there.
Happy trails.....................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 12:25 AM   #25
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
Good work Sue. When I think of all that I have learned from those mentioned above and add in HamRad, Doug and others that have been so helpful to us I sure am not going to let a few "meanies" keep me off.
Helen
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 03:19 AM   #26
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Fun and interesting statistics, Sue. Great attitude, Helen. We certainly do not want to change the atmosphere of this forum just because we've had rapid growth.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 06:26 AM   #27
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Helen
I so agree with you and I know I left out many of those early members and members since who have contributed a great deal to this forum. I was trying to give a time snapshot and hope I didn't offend any of the early members with their absence in my post.
Happy trails..............
Old 01-18-2007, 10:46 AM   #28
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
It would be neat to see a graph...
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 11:50 AM   #29
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Ohhhhhh Dave you want me to work! I'll send you my spreadsheet with Moc numbers and names, you can research all the dates and then do a graph! Or you can send it back to me and I'll do a graph! There isn't any one place that all this information is so I had to look up each person date of joining. That is why I only did a few - took some time. Some day if I have nothing else to do, maybe. This reminds me of when we had the thread on age, I did a spreadsheet to find the average age. Didn't save it and Steve R. asked for the median age! We might try the age thread again. It was interesting and I think the average has probably dropped because we have more younger members in our group now.
Happy trails.....................
Old 01-18-2007, 12:18 PM   #30
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Sue,
Does this mean I am not the youngest member anymore!
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 12:34 PM   #31
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Well the work is in gathering the info. Once that was on a spreadsheet, the graph is easy...
Old 01-18-2007, 01:31 PM   #32
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
Don't even think it Dave. LOL
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 02:09 PM   #33
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Dave (Sky)
I think if I remember right there was another member the same age as you. I don't know if any new members are younger because a lot of people don't include their age in their profile. Remember my motto, Age is only a date on your driver's license.
Happy trails........................
Old 01-18-2007, 03:59 PM   #34
Dave e Victoria
Montana Master

M.O.C. #635
Thinking about the categories, I remember some exercises we did in industry to try to understand different personalities. One idea (borne of the consultants -- they must be good, the government uses them) was to organize these sorts of categories into intersecting scales. For instance, we might have a "mean" to "fluffy" scale and a "COT" (passive) to "CSI" (active) scale. Using this idea , we could have mean or fluffy CSI behavior or mean or fluffy COT behavior.

As I remember, a typical result of these plots was that it frequently happened that a back up style might end up in an opposite corner. So, a fluffy CSI might become a mean COT when backed into a corner.

The other thing that consultants liked to do was name these quadrants and then re divide them once again. The result was a matrix of 16 categories with 16 backup styles.

About this time you have figured out what category i am in. I am shifting into my backup style and will shut the hell up.
Dave
Dave e Victoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 04:20 PM   #35
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Dave, you are a combination "Choleric"/"Melancholy" (Personality Plus, Florence Littauer) or a "D"/"C" (Positive Personality Profiles (D.I.S.C.), Dr. Robert A. Rohm). Most engineers are...

I have seen both of these authors in person and I have had the good fortune to personally meet Dr. Rohm. Both are fantastic personality experts. Dr Rohm is an exceptionally dynamic speaker also. There are others, but these are the two I am familiar with.

My opinon - those who split the 4 quadrants up further are just trying to write another book...
Old 01-18-2007, 04:55 PM   #36
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Sue,
I bought my first Montana(Mountaineer) when I was 22 years old, barely old enough to buy the liquor to stock that baby... Placed my order for my 3400RL at 24, took ownership just after my bday at 25 years old. Now trying to plan my next purchase for my 30th...

Darn! Sounds like I am still the young lad here.
Old 01-19-2007, 01:47 AM   #37
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Dave and Dave, I'm also familiar with the Sanquine/Choleric/Melancholy/Phlegmatic description of personalities described by Tim LaHaye (author), who says we are all combinations of four personality types with certain dominant characteristics. By we all have the potential to be both kind and mean. It's a choice.

A simple definition of these personalities: Sanquines are party animals, people persons. Cholerics are hard working, engineer types, often not thoughtful of others. Melancholics are artsy, moody, talented. Phlegmatics are the good old guys but don't push them too far. Interesting concept.
Old 01-19-2007, 11:51 AM   #38
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Im confused which Dave your talking to Judy?? LOL! I will say I am in the Sanquines group.
Old 01-19-2007, 12:26 PM   #39
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Too many Daves....Dave Sprik and Dave e Victoria.

You do qualify as a SANQUINE, but you must have some choleric 'cause I know you're a hard worker.
Old 01-19-2007, 12:44 PM   #40
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Judy,

Thats that ol' me, now its all about the parties and the people! Next time I'm in Nashville, I'll bring you to The Stage with me. We head out around 9pm and roll in after 3:30am...