Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > Member News
Click Here to Login

Old 12-29-2006, 04:26 AM   #1
BirdingRVer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5740
I got the LCD TV!!!

I picked up my new 3075 yesterday and it came with the 27 inch LCD flat screen TV. It is a View Sonic with built in HDTV.

We are at an RV Resot 8 miles from the dealer trying everything out. Last night it drop to 23 degrees here in central California. We know the heater works. :-)

Grant

BirdingRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 04:28 AM   #2
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Grant, Glad to hear that something in the Montanas work for a change. Good luck to you and hope you enjoy your new home. I haven't had the chance to stay in my 3400 yet. In storage at the dealer's for the winter.

Phil P.
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 04:41 AM   #3
markwick
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2204
DARN!! - I picked my 3075 up 2 weeks ago and it still had the regular TV in it - Happy Viewing!!!
markwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 04:43 AM   #4
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Grant - to cool!

Our dealer said they are all coming in with them over the last month, so our should also. Not the top of my priority list, but nice surprise just as well.

Enjoy your new rig!!!

bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 05:13 AM   #5
Mudchief
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4961
Grant, that is great. It is nice to have a surprise when it is a good one like that.
1200 watts of Solar
Mudchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 09:09 AM   #6
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Grant,
Great news. Be sure to keep us up to date on how you like it, how it travels, etc. We are VERY interested. We've been laughing at ourselves. We own 6 TVs counting the 2 in the Monty. We will have to get rid of the 4 in the stick house and we wanted a bigger one in the bedroom of the Monty plus we've talked about replacing the one in the LR also. So we are looking.
Happy trails.....................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 09:45 AM   #7
Joyce H
Montana Master

M.O.C. #266
Grant,
Enjoy that new rig. May you make some great memories and enjoy many safe and happy miles in your new wheel estate!
Joyce H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 10:05 AM   #8
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Grant,
Glad to hear your coach has finally come in! Enjoy that new LCD TV.

Sue,
I would sure be happy to take those extra TV's off your hands... =)
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 01:14 PM   #9
Tom Gina 06
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5993
Grant,

Check the TV and see if it has two different coaxial conections on the back. If it does one will say digital, if it is hooked to the digital side already then be ready for a nice surprise. You will not believe how many stations are broadcasting their signal in the new digital signal if in a more populated area. Not to mention in 5.1 surround to boot. If that doesn't work just switch the coax to the anolog side and get the old type broadcasts. That is unless Keystone figured out a way to hook up both sides at the same time......

Congrates on the great news!

Tom

Tom Gina 06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 02:39 PM   #10
campbud
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3142
Nice to get the LCD TV but for those that did not, at least you did not have to pay for the LCD twice...meaning it is to be included in the moving to montana package but it isnt because you are being charged as a forced option, anywhere from $600.00-$900.00 Silly Keystone puts it that way.
campbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 08:16 PM   #11
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Congratulations on your new rig with the surprise TV. Happy RVing.....
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 05:13 AM   #12
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by campbud

Nice to get the LCD TV but for those that did not, at least you did not have to pay for the LCD twice...meaning it is to be included in the moving to montana package but it isnt because you are being charged as a forced option, anywhere from $600.00-$900.00 Silly Keystone puts it that way.
Campbud,

Careful how you say that! Per your own research, Keystone hasn't decided how to incorporate the price change and option change associated with the LCD, and will decide sometime after Jan 8. The LCDs showing up now are a result of the design change and transition at the factory and the LCD TV fulfills the moving to montana package option with no additional costs past on to the customer.

When we ordered ours line by line in November, there were no options available for the LCD, nor could the dealer guarantee what type of TV it would actually come with even if we wanted to pay extra for it.

Brad
Old 12-30-2006, 06:29 AM   #13
DarMar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1034
Congrats on the new Monty complete with LCD tv. There will be a weight difference as well allowing you to carry an extra item or two! May you enjoy that new toy for many years to come.
2017/3721RL/Legacy Pkg./Pressure-Pro
DarMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 09:29 AM   #14
campbud
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3142
Quote:

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by bsmeaton

Quote:

Campbud,

Careful how you say that! Per your own research, Keystone hasn't decided how to incorporate the price change and option change associated with the LCD, and will decide sometime after Jan 8. The LCDs showing up now are a result of the design change and transition at the factory and the LCD TV fulfills the moving to montana package option with no additional costs past on to the customer.

When we ordered ours line by line in November, there were no options available for the LCD, nor could the dealer guarantee what type of TV it would actually come with even if we wanted to pay extra for it.

Brad
Brad, Just purchased a 2007 3585SA and I had to pay for the Moving to Montana Package plus the LCD TV "Forced Option" ($983.00) Keystone is charging for other things in the Moving to Montana Package,like the tv/outlet and other items to make up the difference of the previous $200.00 TV's This was told to me by Keystone. Keystone said they pay about $200.00 a piece for the previous TV's. Both the dealer and I had placed calls to Keystone about this. Because the dealer also said it looked like they were charging twice...once in the Moving to Montana Package and another in the "Forced Option" Meaning we had to take the LCD TV, even if we did not want it. But would not be given any difference in price back. If someone received the LCD TV and was not charged the "Force Option" I hope they will let me know as I will call Keystone to the plate!
campbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 01:55 PM   #15
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
I'll let you know what happens when we take delivery Campbud.

Could just be the difference in the Models. Your new SA was not available either when we ordered, but the 3400 has been around for a while. The SAs are probably a whole new pricing structure.

Brad
Old 12-30-2006, 02:47 PM   #16
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
I am sure it is just an over sight by Keystone, I cant imagine them double charging for something on purpose.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 11:15 AM   #17
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Congratulations, Grant!

We saw a new Montana on a dealer's lot yesterday. Actually, several new ones. They have the LCD. I noticed they seemed to be anchored in one place along the middle bottom. I could take hold of the top of the unit and move them quite a bit. You might make sure yours is sufficiently anchored that it won't wear out that single mount and fall out of there. Maybe that's not a problem but it would be worth a check.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 03:14 PM   #18
BirdingRVer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5740
Thanks Steve,

The Monty is at the storage yard but, I'll check it out on Friday when we are headed out for the 3 day weekend. They told us at the PDI that the TV was "bolted in" but I haven't looked at how it was bolted.

Old 01-15-2007, 07:20 AM   #19
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
For Christmas we bought ourselves a new 23" Phillips HDLCD, and donated the Zenith monster to our kids. The purchase price through Costco was $399 + shipping, and a holding bracket was an addional ~$85 from Wal-Mart. (stabilized from the top)

With a few new pieces of oak and a little screwing and hammering, we now have room in the new space for the new TV, a network modem, a printer, a label printer, a print server and a wireless router.

The price they are wanting for the addition of the LCD seems pretty high. Is there extra room behind where the old TV would have been? Our 2980 is smaller than most coaches, so the added room was really welcomed.
simonsrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 01:56 PM   #20
BirdingRVer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5740
Hello Robbie & Alice,

I would guess that it is the same cabinet as the old style TV and there should be space back there. As Steve said the LCD TV is held by a bracket at the bottom. I haven't made any effort to get behind the TV yet.