Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 08-14-2006, 01:00 AM   #1
WACOT
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #1946
Long term on blocks

This may not be a new subject, but I don't recall seeing it anywhere. We are about to take a Gate Attendant job with the Corps of Engineers and my question is this. What do you do with your fresh water tank while your rig sits for one or two years, do you leave it empty, do you leave a bleach water solution sit in it ????? Any other tips anyone has for long term sitting on blocks so to speak I would appreciate. I know there are many items to attend to such as bug prevention, water line freezing, moisture inside the trailer and such but I think I have those ideas in my head, but any other new ones would be beneficial, thanks guys.

WACOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 01:29 AM   #2
steves
Montana Master

M.O.C. #185
Other considerations: Leave the fresh water tank empty and then sanitize before re-using. Occasionally run your slides in and out. Some people have added slide supports but if the trailer shifts or settles I think they could damage your slides.
Make sure the tires are off the ground and on blocks and of course cover your tires to block the effects from the sun. Make sure to keep water in your battery as a constant charging will be hard on it....suggest you occasionally disconnect the battery and let it discharge. Occasionally lubricate your seals around your slides. Depending on where you are bug and ant protection sprays and powders around the trailer, Occasionally inspect and clean your gas orifices on HW heater and furnace. Also, as you said water line freezing, and moisture considerations.

Steve & Betty (AKA steves)
2005 3400RL Montana
2006 F350 PSD SRW CC LB 4X4 King Ranch
steves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 04:10 PM   #3
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
I leave my fresh water tank empty until I need it. Run a solution of sanitizer through it, empty, then refill. So far have not had any issues.

2004 Chevy Silverado LT 2500HD CrewCab Duramax
2004 Montana 3400RL
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote