Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 07-02-2005, 01:08 PM   #1
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Truck decals

Did Keystone, by any chance, sell truck decals at the rally last year? Seems like it would be a good idea for this rally. How can we put a bug in their ear?

jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 04:38 AM   #2
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Judy, I don't think Keystone can sell "parts" at retail. They have to go through a dealer. So maybe getting a local dealer to take orders would be one way to go?
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 11:23 AM   #3
Fordzilla
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2819
Send a message via MSN to Fordzilla
Do a search for user name "SAndreasen". I am not sure how he got his decals, but he has Mountaineer decals on his '02 Chevy 2500.

Not sure exactly how to post this but here it goes.

[steve's truck][http://tinypic.com/2a0pw9[/IMG][/url]
Fordzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 12:24 PM   #4
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
You don't always need a decal. There are a lot of talented artists out there who can do the same thing. We had our truck painted to match the decals on our previous 5er. Camping World has a bulletin board and there are cards sometimes for these artists. We found ours by word of mouth. Stop and ask someone who has there business pickup painted with there business logo and you might find someone also. Not only did our guy paint the decal, he striped the truck, painted our spare wheel cover and our logo on the back of the 5er. Cost was around $300. Plus he is a Veteran.
Happy trails...................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 02:37 PM   #5
Emmel
Montana Master

M.O.C. #808
We just had decals put on our truck about two weeks ago. I ordered them from a local dealership and the bodyshop put them on for me. the decals cost about $18 each and the bodyshop foreman installed them for a case of beer. I'm very happy with the decals and the price too. When they ordered them, I could look at the computer and make sure I got the ones I wanted. Good luck on your choice of decals or paint!
Emmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 02:50 PM   #6
scrowba
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2570
Hello Emmel,
If you don't mind, what kind of decals did you get for $18? I was told they were a couple of hundred for the mountian scene on the back of my 3685.
Thanks
scrowba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 04:00 PM   #7
SAndreasen
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1918
HI, I ordered my decals throught my RV dealer. Got them from Keystone. Learned a lot about parts for a RV. Not like ordering parts for a car! Cost-Less than $100 and a body shop friend put them on my truck for me really cheap! I've had a very small amount of cracking on the decals but clear fingernail polish does the trick on the cracks!
SAndreasen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 05:14 PM   #8
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Thanks for all the ideas. Seems like that might be a project for the future.
Old 07-05-2005, 12:46 PM   #9
rldriver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2801
I talked to a local company that manufactures decals for cars and trucks and he told me that they will last over 5 years and would cost about $110.00 each side to make if I had the art work. I sent an email to Keystone and asked for them to send me a computer (.JPEG) file so I could reduce it and have it printed to fit my truck. They responded with a form letter thanking me for my request but I need to contact my dealer for parts. I have made another request to them so will see.

I want to print it on a transparency and set up an overhead projector so I can shine it on the side of my truck and see how it would fit and what size to make it.

I was also told that they could be removed with heat and then use a chemical to remove the glue residue.
rldriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 05:53 AM   #10
SAndreasen
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1918
Hi, One of the many things I learned about ordering parts from Keystone is that NOTHING is common. You can't just order a part for a specific model of coach. YOU NEED THE SERIAL NUMBER of your specific coach! Not all coach of even the same year and model are the same. They are NOT like getting a part for a TV. It took me three trys before I got the correct set of decals from Keystone to match the ones on the TT. Keystone keeps track of what they used on a specific coach by the serial number of that coach so MAKE sure you send them the serial number or you'll be doing it over again. The results are worth it thought because it does make a nice looking outfit.
SAndreasen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 05:23 PM   #11
Dave Anderson
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1654
H[ you all; Ha Ha Ha !! Ifyou had gone to the 2004 rally in goshen ,you would have met the montana reps.,the one I talked to wanted to know which ones I wanted, I asked about the BIG SKY front decals for my upcoming truck,the next day , there were a pair of them sitting alongside my rig!!! moral to this story, COME TO THE RALLY !!!!! Dave
Dave Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 06:59 PM   #12
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Dave, that sounds like a great solution. I hope Keystone reads this thread and brings us some decals, even to buy, would be fine. Sounds like you were blessed!