Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 07-04-2005, 10:12 AM   #1
RMccord
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3727
Just finished weekend trip-couple of questions

Well trip number two is over. Went well. We stayed at the Orange Grove in Bakersfield this weekend. Very hot 103 daily.
Nice park would be a big recommendation any time but I think from Oct-May would be especially nice time to be there.

I had the first opportunity to use my digital thermostat and unlucky for me it was defective. Always read 70 degree. Even I could tell the difference between 70 inside and 95 inside.
So quick trip to Lowes for a second unit and bingo off and running. Will take the defective one back Monday.
Are there any problems with the AC running most all of the day. It held the trailer at 81 through the worst of it and then came down and kept the trailer nicely at 74 through the evening after sunset and through the night.
I would suspect it ran from about 10:30 am to about 8:30 non stop. Of course won't be used again for several weeks.
Still haven't solved the leaky waste gate. I believe it is the grey or black. We do not have solids in ours but it is due to be repaired by the dealer on 7/16. I think I am still going to put a waste gate at the cap end also. I also wonder if moving the waste gate for the galley would be feasible to near the other valves on the 335rlbs. Very poor location between tires.
Thanks for any replies.

RMccord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 12:54 PM   #2
PERetired
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3897
Glad to see you survived your stay in our warm little town of Bakersfield. Sorry to hear about the AC problem, but sounds like you were able to correct it. You asked about running the AC for long periods. Two summers ago we were forced to go south in the summer. (will never plan that again) Our daughter was having our first grandchild in Phoenix on July 8th. The temperature was 118. Needless to say ours ran 24/7 while we were there. No problems. It kept it cool enough until the afternoon hrs. We were then forced (Ha)to go to our daughter's home and enjoy our new granddaughter. One good thing--we didn't have to worry about reservations. We were the only crazy ones in the RV park.
Speaking of the granddaughter, they now live in Ventura. We will be coming to Santa Paula and are looking forward to contacting you.
Mary Kay (the other half of hamrad)
PERetired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 02:31 PM   #3
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
So far this summer we have had a number of days where the AC did not shut off. Of course, there were a few days where we didn't have enough voltage to get it started but that's a different story. Wintering in Florida, especially during October and April there were many days the AC ran all day for 2 or 3 days without shutting down. I was once told by an HVAC technician that an AC that runs continuously puts less strain on the compressor than one that cycles off and on.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 03:45 PM   #4
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059

That 103 degree stuff is why I have the second A/C. Some days it takes both to do the job.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 04:29 PM   #5
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
That 103 degree stuff is why we live in Northern California. We usually get a cool ocean breeze around 7:00 pm which cools us down and we do not need to use the A/C.
DHenry is offline   Reply With Quote