Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 02-01-2009, 11:10 AM   #1
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
travel alert

Check this out. Latest travel alert for traveling to Mexico.

http://www.travel.state.gov/travel/c...a/pa_3028.html

Code:
http://www.travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/pa/pa_3028.html

Dustytuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 11:59 AM   #2
bob n pam
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2121
We were planning a trip to Mexico this winter until we had many, many people discourage us with this kind of information. Hopefully it will settle down in the future and we can make the trip. Thanks for the info.

Pam
bob n pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 01:03 PM   #3
SlickWillie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6575
Looks like the Mexico government could totally collapse. I was just reading earlier about some of the drug cartel violence there. We are planning to go to Progresso this week. Hmmm, we'll have to think about that now.
SlickWillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 01:10 PM   #4
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
We were in Mexico in 2006 but I said then I want be back. Just to many problems in and around the border. And with the Drug problems its not work taking a chance. Its just to much to see and do in America, and much safer. GBY....
Delaine and Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 06:53 AM   #5
TLightning
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7871
A few years ago when I was flying a corporate jet, the aircraft owner liked to take some of his friends to central Mexico to go fishing. I thought it would be fun until we were met at the airport by a couple of guards carrying AK 47s, who stayed with the fishermen the entire week. Don't believe I care to go back to Mexico...anywhere.
TLightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 07:58 AM   #6
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
There was a report on the news a few days ago that said that most Mexican States were controlled by the drug cartel and the Mexican Government could very well collapse.It was a scary report as it was noted that we have provided the Mexican Government with a great deal of military equipment that could fall into the wrong hands. It was noted that there is serious trouble on our own border and we are paying little attention to it????

On Edit... A report last night noted that the Mexican Army was actively fighting the drug cartel and making progress, Also noted that the Army being somehow politically at a distance was not suspected of being under the influence of the drug lords. Mexico is a beautiful country and right on our border. Hope they can sort all this out.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 08:19 AM   #7
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
Text removed as being off topic. Please strive to stay on topic when posting. Thank you, RVWheels

The Marine base in San Diego has put a ban on traveling into Mexico. It has always been this way but the last 6 months or so if anyone go to Mexico they are in big trouble.
Dustytuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 04:47 PM   #8
tbhd
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2221
Went to Mexico yesterday and had no problems at all. We crossed the border at Winter Haven California. All depends where you cross the border at. We had no military at all there.
tbhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 09:56 PM   #9
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
A year or so ago we were told one of the advantages of being a Winter Texan in the RGV was being able to "walk" to Mexico. I explained at that time that we had no desire to go to Mexico because of the drug problems. I guess I was right. Me thinks I'll stay in Florida and forget about walking (or driving) to Mexico.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 03:07 AM   #10
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
Well the RGV is near the border of Mexico. And we never felt unsecure in the RGV. And never had our water lines freeze there. And as I said we want be going back to Mexico or for that matter we aren't going outside the USA. The drug problem is nothing new, its been there many years and will continue. GBY.....
Delaine and Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote